Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Too Human

• 19-08-2008 9:58am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭

After all the hype about this game, the review embargo ended at midnight last night, and the reviews are starting to come out - ranging from above average to poor .... Looks like the main strength of this game is the multiplayer.

Ah well, one less game to buy. Shame really, I would have liked a new diablo-esque game while waiting for the real thing.

Looks like it'll be a rental at best.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

Defo a rental at best. Its a shame really but the writing was on the wall when the demo was realeased. There are far worse games out there but the fact that it is a console exlclusive means should be more than decent.

Think its score as of this moment on metacritic is 67.
    Thats better than Haze and Lair so its not as bad as them yet :D

As for the Multiplayer, maybe some of us Boardsies can get some looting night sessions going?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

I played the demo and thought the same thing. God the fighting is diabolically bad in this game.

The concept is interesting and I really wanted to enjoy but the game play is poor and I didn't feel part of the experience or like I had much control over my character. Felt like I was a passenger more than the player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

It got 6/10 on Eurogamer. A damning line for me in the review is: Too Human doesn't build to a cliff-hanger or thrilling crescendo, it simply stops in one of the worst-paced conclusions to a game since Halo 2.

Its a shame - I've heard the devs interviewed and they're obviously passionate about this game.

I really cant see this game been a trilogy. Getting universaly panned by critics is one thing but if it sees bad sales....

I kind of feel sorry for them after the whole Unreal Engine malarky.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,693 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Mr E wrote: »
    Its a shame - I've heard the devs interviewed and they're obviously passionate about this game.

The fact that its been in development so long means they really must of put endless manhours into it, and to end up with a negative response must be humiliating...

And we all know when the gaming community is cruel, they are embarrasingly cruel...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Bad, Gaming Community... Baaaaad!

If you think the Gaming Community are bad, wait until Zero Punctuation's Yahtzee gets his mits on it. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I loved most of Crystal Dynamics older stuff. The Legacy of Kain series remains a fond memory (aside from Blood Omen 2), Eternal Darkness and MGS: The Twin Snakes. Such a pity. Still, I wasn't expecting much after playing the demo either!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

Too Human never interested me, it always looked too drab and boring. What with the rake of games coming out this autumn I'd give this one a miss.

OH WAIT IF YOU DO YOU WILL BE KILLING HELPLESS CANADIANS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Silicon Knights made this, not Crystal Dynamics. CD are working on Tomb Raider: Underworld, though I'd love another LoK game, even though Defiance wrapped it up fairly well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Keggers

Is now a bad time to say I qiute enjoyed the demo?

• Advertisement

Keggers wrote: »
    Is now a bad time to say I qiute enjoyed the demo?

Not at all, quite a lot of people enjoyed the demo to be fair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

Just got around to the demo there, doesn't seem too bad. The camera didn't really put me off that much but there was a point where force of habit came into play and I tried to move it with the right analogue.

I can see how dying will be a pain with the slow animation happening and one thing I really hate in RPG's is scalable enemies, one's who level up with you.

I will be tempted to pick this up, when I see it on sale, but not for full whack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

chrislad wrote: »
    Silicon Knights made this, not Crystal Dynamics. CD are working on Tomb Raider: Underworld, though I'd love another LoK game, even though Defiance wrapped it up fairly well.

Whoops, moment of madness there...the LoK connection must've messed with my mind!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

playing it at thje moment, its not great so far

some diabolical voice acting, and the framerate and graphics are borderline disappointing

Helix wrote: »
    playing it at thje moment, its not great so far

some diabolical voice acting, and the framerate and graphics are borderline disappointing

LOL I heard the voice acting was the best part of it...

well unless wherever you read that said it was great in a resident evil 1 kinda way, then theyre deaf lol

the games getting better and better the more i play it. 3 hours in now, and its good fun

Do you get the hang of the controls after a while?

yup, like second nature after maybe 25 minutes

camera is still a bit fiddly tho

Cheers, any chance of posting a mini review when ur ready?
    Might still rent it depending.

this game is insane

absolutely insane

also, the levels are ridiculously long... im pretty sure ive been on this one for 2 hours now

• Advertisement
Advertisement