Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cancelled tests-

Options
  • 19-08-2008 10:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭

Hi folks- I just got a letter of the SGS saying my test was cancelled.
    the next available slot is not for another 5 weeks and after doing pre test am understandably annoyed about all this- and despite them sayin we have to give ten notice yb time I got this letter its in effect only 7 days notice so that cant even stick to there own rules-
    Just wondering did this happen anyone else? Or is it a common thing etc; thanks guys

S

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

Had my test cancelled twice and postponed by a few hours once. But according to my instructor this was very unusual.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭DannyBuoy

You were lucky you got 7 days, I've spoken to people bringing cars back to me or canceling a car booking that got a phonecall a day or 2 before their test date to cancel it. I think they operate a policy similiar to some online booking retailers where they tend to overbook their available capacity, as there is a good chance that a certain percentage of bookings will cancel anyway, when it doesn't work out is when some poor call centre drone has to start making the calls.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

I had two tests cancelled.

One was cancelled the day before and i had to wait another 8 weeks for a new date

the second one i had to wait 3 weeks for another date

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

My test was cancelled the day before and I had to wait 6 weeks for another date.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

my test in april was cancelled by SGS around 5pm wednesday for a 9am thursday test - I heard from others they'd been canceling tests all week but they waited till the last minute to tell people - they offered me a another test in July - I rang and yelled until I got a test for the following monday. I don't like having to yell at people but sometimes it has to be done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Overature

my test was cancelled about 2 weeks ago from the sgs in Deansgrange. im now doing it at the begining of september. i heard that they closed the test center for a few weeks because of some inquiry in to some thing. i feel your pain, good luck

Advertisement