Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ucd.ie not working

Options
  • 19-08-2008 10:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭

anyone else having problems accessing the website? i need to register my modules but it just keeps telling me that the server is taking too long to respond. It's a right pain in the arse, i'm in poland and i've gone to 2 separate internet cafes to try and get it to work, but no joy.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 googler

i can get onto the website fine, but try this link for sis...
    https://sisweb.ucd.ie/usis/twbkwbis.P_GenMenu?name=homepage

• Registered Users Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

no, doesnt work either, i even tried entering the ip address of ucd and not the name, still not working. i have no idea why ucd 's server wont respond to a polish ip address, but i asked my friend in australia to try it and it works fine for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

is there a way to redirect your ip address to show up as though you're accessing fropm a different country? i know people do it too watch video streams from different countries and things. It's amazing how UCD is constantly evolving and creating new and more complicated problems to annoy it's students :mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,009 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I have no reason to believe that UCD are restricting access by IP address. Why would they? They have plenty of international students who would want to register from abroad.

Going directly to https://sisweb.ucd.ie/ should work. It might be busy, but looks fine from here at the moment. It's a secure site (https), does the Polish government have a problem with that?

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

griffdaddy wrote: »
    is there a way to redirect your ip address to show up as though you're accessing fropm a different country? i know people do it too watch video streams from different countries and things. It's amazing how UCD is constantly evolving and creating new and more complicated problems to annoy it's students :mad::mad::mad:
    i guess that's called using a proxy,google it :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Économiste Monétaire

What a brilliant idea to pay your fees through a public proxy...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭ChocolateSauce

Wait, ucd.ie was working for a while? :pac:

It seems to break a little too often for comfort, if you ask me.

Advertisement