Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

microdemals

Options
  • 19-08-2008 10:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

does ne1 know if microdermals leave much of a scar when they're taken out??!!!
    sorry spelt that wrong.. oopsy!!! mornings are not my friends

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭pe-cze

Well the scar will be obvieously smaller than after rejected surface bar ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

small scar, barely noticeable on my forearm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 curazylady

im thinkin of gettin one sumwher on my chest but am guna avta take it out after a while cuz of the job i hope to go into after college

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭hot2def

quit typing with your forehead.

Everyone scars differently, YMMV.

iv taken out other piercings b4 and have never had a noticable scar so hopefully if i do havta take it out it wont be too bad..
    reali wana get one i think der sooo cool, but am so undecided!
    think i mite get it 2mro :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Léan

curazylady wrote: »
    im thinkin of gettin one sumwher on my chest but am guna avta take it out after a while cuz of the job i hope to go into after college

Tbh, it's probably going to reject on your chest anyways, there's very little flesh to keep it there, i'm yet to see one stay there without any trouble.
    I'd say it'd come pretty easily out with very little scaring (although it is different for everyone).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Censorsh!t

my friend got a microdermal on her neck and the piercer lost it inside her, and it took about an hour to get back out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

wait...

WHAT?!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

Censorsh!t wrote: »
    my friend got a microdermal on her neck and the piercer lost it inside her, and it took about an hour to get back out.

Sure you don't mean transdermal? Cos if it was a micro the piercer doesn't have a clue

really? oh scary! dont think id be able to handle something like that happening!!!:eek:

• Advertisement

Censorsh!t wrote: »

so it turned from microdermal into the subdermal :D

woot for subdermals! :pac:

Will wrote: »
    woot for subdermals! :pac:

My fault, sorry, but i dont know wat "woot" means, sorry sorry sorry...
    Wat do u mean ;>?

An interjection similar to "YAYE!" or "Woohoo!" used to express joy or excitement, usually about some kind of accomplishment. Primarily used by gamers, spreading rapidly to anyone who chats online. :pac:

thanks a lot. i ictually wrote it down to remember it :D

My frien has subdermals. Niceeee!

i have wanted a microdermal just at the side of my eye (anti-eyebrow kind of positioning) so bad for so long. I had been asking people/piercers here and there for a while and the reaction was generally good.. that they dont reject and dont leave too much scaring, in most cases that is.
    Finally i went in to get it done, my usual piercer wasn't there and the guy who was doing it for me gave me a mini talk before hand and warned me that in the area i wanted to get it done it would more than likely reject and leave scaring just as bad as a rejected surface piercing. :( im really not all about high risks, espc on the facial area so i didnt get it done..

but i still want to reall bad.. think one of these days im just gonna crack and get it done!

anyone out there have any experience with getting this done and know what kind of scaring it leaves?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭truthinwords

I have that exact piercing. I've had it since January and it's healed perfectly. I've had no problems with it at all.

ok i think i now have to get it done, maybe that piercer in particular was just being over cautious..
    mind me asking where you got it done?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

i want that too actually, but im broke! D:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

If it does end up rejecting, you can reduce the scarring it leaves. The scar from my anti-eyebrow is pretty much gone now, after doing loads of vitamin E massages and the like. Whereas the scars from my sternum piercings are still very much alive and well cos I didn't try to reduce the scarring, and I want to be reminded about what an awesome piercing it was :(

Microdermals are slightly over-rated methinks... where does all the gunk go?! I'm still wanting to give it a try someday though.

• Advertisement

ok i think i now have to get it done, maybe that piercer in particular was just being over cautious..
    mind me asking where you got it done?

Patric in Wildcat Stevens Green did it for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭miss enzo

^^^^ Pics of it??? i cant think what it looks like!

pqosx9gk.jpg

that looks deadly.. thanks for putting it up.
    The positioning i want is actually alot closer to the eye.. thinner skin so maybe makes sense that the piercer warned me that there would be a higher chance of rejection. heres the pic of where the idea and obsession came from:

tear.jpg

also check this one out..
    eyeboogie.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭Fantasy_Suicide

I feel I need to add something, considering I have three, which have settled very well. Two on the forearm and one on the curve of my wrist. No pics to hand but damo and will can vouch for me! They've been there for a little under four months now and they're going strong. Kay was worried the one on the curve wouldn't hold out too well, but it's looking great. Rarely gets caught on anything (I swear!!!). Then again, I'm blessed with a body that just accepts everything! My skin is very forgiving, like the arm corset I had for two months. That was awesome! Anyways, at the end of the day it's all down to the piercer who does the job and I have to say Wildcat's Kay did a fantastic job on mine. Sound lady too, so what more could ya want?! Scaring = Minimal. And truth, I think Kay trained under Patric for these, can't really be 100%. Jobs well done on both ends.

Advertisement