Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MCSA- Are these worth the money PFH Cork

Options
  • 19-08-2008 10:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭

Hi there

Courses and Exams are as follows:

Course # Exam # Exam ` Fast Track (days)
    2273 70-290 Managing and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Environment
    2276 70-291 Implementing a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Network Infrastructure: Network Hosts 1 2277 70-291 Implementing, Managing, and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Network Infrastructure: Network Services
    2285 70-270 Installing, Configuring, and Administering Microsoft Windows XP Professional
    2400 70-284 Implementing and Managing Microsoft Exchange Server 2003
    These would cost 2000 euros

I would consider maybe doing 1 and seeing how the company is on doing 1 and see after that

Is it worth the investment I wonder

Also I have experience in level 1 role in callcentre but would like to get some certification to move on/up

Cisco CCNA is 2250 in Cork institiute Of technology and I know that the lecturer is excellent

The MCSA is with PFH in Cork - anyone used these are they good

Thanks
    Noel

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Certs are good to have to prove you have the theoretical knowledge. It will help you get employment without a doubt. So yes I would say its worth the cost. But it wont get you a position automatically. You need experience for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭noel123ie

also 1 more question does the net + and a + count as one mcp?

Does this count as an elective?

I know home study is easier but id pay of if it sped things up....

Issue is then with mcsa and three years level 1 experirnce would i get a job or what could i do to help my chances..more study i suppose:rolleyes:

thanks
    noel

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

I wouldn't be so sure it would speed things up if they are very intensive courses. How many hours are each course?

The Network+ can be used as an elective for MCSA or MCSE.
    See here for more:
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/partners.mspx

I find the CBT nuggets videos very good and are not as boring as most video tutorials. They seem to have a practical approach in what they teach.

hi there

These are run from 930-430 each day for 14 days plus Plus Mentoring (1/2 day per exam) so total 2 Days

Any other good online help available courses etc

Thanks
    Noel

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭tech

whats the PFH course costing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

noel123ie wrote: »
    also 1 more question does the net + and a + count as one mcp?

Does this count as an elective?

I know home study is easier but id pay of if it sped things up....

Issue is then with mcsa and three years level 1 experirnce would i get a job or what could i do to help my chances..more study i suppose:rolleyes:

thanks
    noel

CompTIA certs dont count as MCPs so cant be quoted as such. They are qualifying exams for certain electives. Try not to confuse them.

I dont know if you would have the neccessary experience to get past the Exchange and/or the Active Directory exam because they require a good deal of knowledge and experience, more than can be achieved in a 14 day course.

Is the course, 14 days in total or 14 days per exam???

tech wrote: »
    whats the PFH course costing?

From the inital post
    These would cost 2000 euros

Ginger wrote: »
    CompTIA certs dont count as MCPs so cant be quoted as such. They are qualifying exams for certain electives. Try not to confuse them.

I dont know if you would have the neccessary experience to get past the Exchange and/or the Active Directory exam because they require a good deal of knowledge and experience, more than can be achieved in a 14 day course.

Is the course, 14 days in total or 14 days per exam???

its 14 days total..very intense alright

So 4 exams worth of prep in 14 days...

Have you any prior working experience with either Exchange 2003 or AD/DNS/Routing/WINS etc etc??

Advertisement