Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Those damn foreigners again"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

I would have to say I fault the system as much as the people who abuse it. Make them work, even if it's just chain gang type work for the local councils as long as it's getting them out, getting them earning their keep then all's great. It'll benefit us in terms of detering the genuine moochers and having a workforce there to do the jobs our own are too snobby to turn their hands to and it'll benefit them by removing the stigma of them being viewed as lazy moochers, making it easier for them to get a job when they are ready (could even use the work crew leader as a reference).
    I'd feel the same about those claiming dole long term (as in little hope of them finding a job at this point), give them something to do same benefits for both groups again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

MIN2511 wrote: »
    Dude... I am not complaining! I couldn't be arsed! There has been similar threads in AH in recent days and a lot of them changed direction. This thread like others would turn into that.

I would ask you to retract that statement
    You don't know me, we can talk about the foreigners for all i care... I would even contribute to the banter.

I will not retract anything. You brought up the "R" word, not me or anyone else. It is typical of foreigners that are put under the spot light for any reason to use that term.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

How do we get rid of them? or at least make them contribute!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭gino85

dlofnep wrote: »
    What your father did is not "dole sponging".

Dole-spongers are the latter of what you said. And I repeat, I have no time for dole-spongers. I myself was on the dole for 3 months while looking for a job. That is what it is there for - to assist you while you try to get a job. Not to use as a regular income so you don't have to work.

ill be honost i was on the dole for 3 months and never bothered to look for a job, i did get one at the end of the summer and worked there for 6 months before they announced they were closeing shop, i found another job while i was still working and had 1 day off before i started my new job, been working at that job for over 2 years now and even tho i dislike it id rather earn my money than just have it handed to me

my dad on the other hand was made redundant about the same time i got my new job and decided that he wanted to start up his own business, he was on the dole and done some training in boiler repairs, started up his own business now he is looking to get back to work allownace while his renewable energies company gets on its feet( he installs wind turbines and solar panals)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

I voted ‘No’ in the Lisbon referendum because of immigration issues.

Lol. Another fcuking moronic reason for voting no. Also this discussion has already been done and it was decided that the Chinese are a great bunch of lads, and I'm not a racist.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭gino85

Wreck wrote: »
    Lol. Another fcuking moronic reason for voting no. Also this discussion has already been done and it was decided that the Chinese are a great bunch of lads, and I'm not a racist.

i voted no because i didnt understand the treaty as a whole, is that a vaild reason?

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭briantwin

If its not the tax i'm after paying its me credit card their after :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

gino85 wrote: »
    i voted no because i didnt understand the treaty as a whole, is that a vaild reason?

Holy jaysus not Lisbon again.....
    briantwin wrote: »
    If its not the tax i'm after paying its me credit card their after :pac:

Down with that sort of thing!:p

No....read the fúckin manual!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

Take it to politics .
    The answer is no

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

dodgyme wrote: »
    I think the OP should change the title to reflect the group he is actually talking about. i.e. nigerians

To be fair, if the article said that it was some other nationality that was doing it, people would probably jump on that nationality too!
    oh for **** sake
    we already had a thread about this a couple of ****ing days ago

will you gormless morons learn to search the forum before you post?

The other thread didnt show up in my search.

No need to be racist dude, Im sure the people of Moron outside Buenos Aires in Argentina would take exception to being called gormless.

I for one aint gormless, the search function made me that way. ;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

When you think about it, foreginers really can't win can they? Either they're taking our jobs, or sponging off us. Yup, sucks to be an immigrant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Silenceisbliss

I want to add a new rule if I may, getting very tiresome with the amount of these threads in recent weeks.

*Absoultely no threads to be posted involving immigrant bashing or inciting immigrant bashing, Eastern European or otherwise. Users posting such threads will be banned.

ha, seems Ruu is on holiers :D

andrew wrote: »
    When you think about it, foreginers really can't win can they? Either they're taking our jobs, or sponging off us. Yup, sucks to be an immigrant.

Well no i dont agree with that at all. If they have a job they will be paying tax AT LEAST!! If they are living off social welfare its kind of like doubling our losses dont you think....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

He does have a point though, in the current economic downturn, with unemployment on the rise people could try to blame the foreigners for taking our jobs while at the same time complaining about the ones who are living off state benefits for not working. Logic does not always manifest itself too well in human minds.:(
    Basically it'd result in a "the only good foreigner is a absent one" type sentiment.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

I have no problem with anyone once they are making a contribution, its the guys who do not even make an effort to go out and get a job and expect the state to hand them cash etc. Doesn't matter if they are Irish or not, if someone is not making an effort to get a job they should be forced into working. Christ we have plenty of shores that the councils aren't clearing. No welfare benefits unless you do 15-20 hours of Service to the community. If they are an illegal immigrant then they should be deported.

I also have a severe problem with people who have skills are waiting ages for a hearing on asylum and are not allowed to work. If they have skills that are of use to the community then they should be allowed to work, earn a wage and reduce the cost to the Irish taxpayer. They should also have a more favourable weighting towards being granted leave to stay in Ireland.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

andrew wrote: »

Well if they dont like it here they can go home.
    Nobody asked them to come here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

This is exactly what i am talking about!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055359151

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Dinter

Nah, that lad is just trying to be offensive because he's a lonely fool and wants the attention.

He could just as easily used some else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

Bit of a difference between trying to encourage debate on a topic and posting mindless rubbish!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

I think Mel Brooks in Blazing Saddles sums up people who post rubbish like that best.

"'These are people who have lived on their land for generations, they have unchanging values, the salt of the earth people, you know, MORONS!'"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭rowlandbrowner

Any valid arguments raised here are welfare issues, where the recipient is born is irrelevant, anyone who thinks that’s important is a racist.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Victor McDade

I've decided....

I'm gonna go to Nigeria illegally and not work, cause hassle and generally sponge off them for a while. Im sure a similarly easy life is on offer

I'll let ye all know how I'm getting on... :cool:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

I've decided....

I'm gonna go to Nigeria illegally and not work, cause hassle and generally sponge off them for a while. Im sure a similarly easy life is on offer

There is no social welfare in Nigeria dude! Best of luck!

I've decided....

No social welfare... they might even try to sponge off you:D

A friend of mine suggested seeking asylum in Nigeria... would be brilliant!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

I for one think it's fcuking disgraceful that some o.a.p live on buttons,are scared to put heating on in winter etc,these are the people who took use through the crap times in the 50s 60s etc yet so called asylum seekers can live in comfort without the worry of bills etc.

I have first hand knowledge of the woman getting rent allowance and all the benifits the state can offer while surposedly on her own, but the husband comes home every night from his job.......now the state don't know they are living together so in effect they have the best of both worlds....no rent + benifits for mother and kids + a wage from the non existent hubby.
    Happy fcuking days all round.

not yet wrote: »
    I for one think it's fcuking disgraceful that some o.a.p live on buttons,are scared to put heating on in winter etc,these are the people who took use through the crap times in the 50s 60s etc yet so called asylum seekers can live in comfort without the worry of bills etc.

I have first hand knowledge of the woman getting rent allowance and all the benifits the state can offer while surposedly on her own, but the husband comes home every night from his job.......now the state don't know they are living together so in effect they have the best of both worlds....no rent + benifits for mother and kids + a wage from the non existent hubby.
    Happy fcuking days all round.
    REPORT THEM!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

report one out of 1000s........!!!!

p.s It also drives me insane when I see Irish girls getting rent allownace.

Where the fcuk did these people live 20 years ago, I'll tell you..at home, but since this celtic tiger the government seen fit to waste millions on rent allowance.

If I lost my job tomorrow would I get this allowance....would I fcuk.

This county needs to wake up to the fact that millons are being wasted on this stupid allowance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Dinter

Yeah that's called fraud and there's an awful lot of it happening.

If you ring the local social welfare office in the area where the woman is claiming from you can make a report about it which will definitely be investigated, especially as the dept are trying to tighten up on this type of fraud.

The woman involved could end up repaying what she has received.

Happy fookin days!
    one of 1000's

Tbh it'll take you five minutes to file a report which is less time than ranting on here will take.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

A massive number of Nigerians have immigrated illegally to Ireland. The previous Minister for Justice stated that no amnesty was to be granted to these people, yet a scheme was designed to allow them remain in Ireland called the IBC/05 scheme.

This scheme granted the right of full welfare benefits to these illegal immigrants.

Those who came to Ireland illegally may, if they so choose, claim unemployment and rental accommodation payments and all other welfare benefits including medical cards.

IBC/05 was not an amnesty, at least not as this letter writer to the Indo wants us to believe. IBC stands for Irish Born Child. People given leave to remain under the scheme had children born here. This leave is subject to renewal every three years.

These children are Irish citizens. Until the citizenship referendum in 2004, the government's hands were tied on this issue. Legally speaking, they couldn't deport Irish citizens. Nor could they realistically deport their parents.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement