Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Those damn foreigners again"

Options

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

MIN2511 wrote: »
    REPORT THEM!

if i started reporting everyone i know who was cheating the system, i wouldnt have time to do any work - hmmm actually that might work but then who would pay my mortgage if i lost my job

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

But the parents can claim welfare based on the fact that their kids are Irish born?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

MIN2511 wrote: »
    But the parents can claim welfare based on the fact that their kids are Irish born?

With a few exceptions, those with leave to remain have the same rights as someone granted refugee status, including the right to claim welfare.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

irishbird wrote: »
    if i started reporting everyone i know who was cheating the system, i wouldnt have time to do any work - hmmm actually that might work but then who would pay my mortgage if i lost my job

If you're reporting that many that you can't work, I'm sure the Social Welfare would be more than happy to remunerate you for your efforts. They'd still be saving a fortune.

Professional snitching would be great fun i reckon.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Get rid of the dole altogether.For everybody.
    if you're able-bodied you should be working.if you dont want to work then God can feed you because the taxpayer shouldnt have to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Degsy wrote: »
    if you're able-bodied you should be working.if you dont want to work then God can feed you because the taxpayer shouldnt have to.
    You might want to delete that post Degsy. Haven't you heard who mods around these parts these days? He ain't gonna like that post one little bit.

Pighead wrote: »
    You might want to delete that post Degsy. Haven't you heard who mods around these parts these days? He ain't gonna like that post one little bit.

Who you talkin bout?
    I know there's a few dole-bums on boards alright,some with ludicrous ideas of their own importance..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 759 ✭✭✭gixerfixer

What a complete load of boll*x.Why do you throw everybody into the same boat.Sure everyone on the dole is a scam artist and doesnt really need the money right? My dad worked in the Irish press for 35 years(paying 45% tax) and when the place went belly up he was left with fu*k all and had to go on the dole for money to feed us and pay the rent because he was in his late 50's and had never had another job in his life.Sure he should have got nothing from the goverment and we should have all been slung out on the street.Kop on to yourself.Comments like that make you sound like Gordan Gekko you ****

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Who you talkin bout?
    I know there's a few dole-bums on boards alright,some with ludicrous ideas of their own importance..
    Mordethsexybumcheeksapartfromthehairyclumps is apparently a bit workshy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

I think 12 months and they should be cut off from the dole. 6 months even. And then we can use all the tax we've saved on our very own disneyland.

• Advertisement

gixerfixer wrote: »
    What a complete load of boll*x.Why do you throw everybody into the same boat.Sure everyone on the dole is a scam artist and doesnt really need the money right? My dad worked in the Irish press for 35 years(paying 45% tax) and when the place went belly up he was left with fu*k all and had to go on the dole for money to feed us and pay the rent because he was in his late 50's and had never had another job in his life.Sure he should have got nothing from the goverment and we should have all been slung out on the street.Kop on to yourself.Comments like that make you sound like Gordan Gekko you ****

Late 50's?
    I cant finish here till i'm 65.
    You couldnt have got a job and helped out,no?

Late 50's?
    You couldnt have got a job and helped out,no?

I had a job.what's your point?

Gingerfixer - Given the circumstances, I wouldn't consider your auld fella as a dole-sponger. He's obviously contributed to society. I think people are pissed off with the scumbag, cider drinking, never worked for longer than 2 weeks in a job, scumbag, scanger tax-leeches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

dlofnep wrote: »
    Gingerfixer - Given the circumstances, I wouldn't consider your auld fella as a dole-sponger. He's obviously contributed to society. I think people are pissed off with the scumbag, cider drinking, never worked for longer than 2 weeks in a job, scumbag, scanger tax-leeches.

And the Nigerians

dlofnep wrote: »

Couldnt agree more.I hate those scumbags iswell,but why see everybody in the same light. The fella is saying EVERYONE on the dole should be cut off because of the scumbags.Thats a stupid point

And the non-working Nigerians

Fixed it for ya ;)

gixerfixer wrote: »
    I had a job.what's your point?

You said your dad had to go on the dole to feed you.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Perhaps the dole isn't the big wad of cash you think it is. Drop it.
    gixerfixer infracted for P.A.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Dinter

Karoma wrote: »
    Perhaps the dole isn't the big wad of cash you think it is.

I think that unless you're actually unable to work due to sickness, infirmity or being over 65 years of age, one cent is a big wad of cash more than you deserve.

The dole should be more like Famine Relief or workhouses. Fair enough taxpayers might be forced to support you due to our free loader loving welfare state but it shouldn't be a free ride.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Late 50's?
    I'm sure all those people who are in their late 50s and out of work REALLY find it easy to get jobs at that age...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

Degsy, let's say you were 63 and had 2 years left before you could get your pension and you got sacked. In the process of looking for a new job, do you not think signing onto the Dole would be ok in order to feed and house yourself and your family?

In fairness, choosing not to sign on over getting kicked out of your house and starving would be rather idiotic, no?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

javaboy wrote: »
    If you're reporting that many that you can't work, I'm sure the Social Welfare would be more than happy to remunerate you for your efforts. They'd still be saving a fortune.

Professional snitching would be great fun i reckon.

really do you think? cos i could ramble of about 20 straight away and thats without thinking about it

cool

kyub wrote: »
    Degsy, let's say you were 63 and had 2 years left before you could get your pension and you got sacked. In the process of looking for a new job, do you not think signing onto the Dole would be ok in order to feed and house yourself and your family?

In fairness, choosing not to sign on over getting kicked out of your house and starving would be rather idiotic, no?

And how often does that happen?
    Have you ever heard or Trade Unions?
    And i think its also fair to say that most people at age 63 would have thier mortage paid off or very close to it so they'd be unlikely to get "kicked out of thier house".
    However i take the point that not all dole-people are equal and i should've clarified that there should be nobody on the dole long term,especially if they're able bodied and/or young.

Em no i didnt.I said "feed us" believe you me i wasnt earning that much packing shelves in superquinn.Think you should read through the post again before making comments that are inaccurate Degsy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭eveie

its not the foreign nationals that we should be concerned about!
    what about all the irish scum that dont work yet their fit and able to do so, they sit in their houses wearing their day in day out watching mind numbing programms like "big brother" and "how to be a proper bum"
    please do not tell me im generalising, i see this everyday.
    tghey scam billions from our fading economy every yr and we keep quiet over it!
    if your fit and able to work yu should be allowed s.s money for 6 months and thats all, then get off your fat, obease ass and do some work.
    this really annoys me, yes it true there are other nationalities scaming the system but he problem lies in every council estate in the country

Dudess wrote: »
    I'm sure all those people who are in their late 50s and out of work REALLY find it easy to get jobs at that age...

They can actually.
    Most of the staff where i work would be late 50's or older.Dunne's for example,favour older people because they're less likely to be acting the bollocks and stealing stuff.

irishbird wrote: »
    really do you think? cos i could ramble of about 20 straight away and thats without thinking about it

cool

Woah woah. Don't give them all away at once now. Give them one or two to prove your info is good. Then string them along for each of the others making sure you get well paid for your snitching.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 757 ✭✭✭milod

And the Nigerians

Why is a person's race or nationality even relevant in an argument about dole scrounging? People from all walks of life are at it. So here's what you do:

1. If you know of anyone scrounging or illegally claiming, report the f**ker
    2. If you find yourself unemployed and not being treated fairly in your claim - report those involved and present a real example of the unfair treatment to an ombudsman or the press.

Everyone knows of some ar5eh0le on the make, and every section of the community is represented, not just Nigerians.

One more point for the immigrant bashers to consider is that not all immigrants are allowed to work - some actually find themselves forced to go to social welfare offices as a last resort.

The real issue for any responsible citizen is this: have you the backbone to report anyone, regardless of race or nationality, that is abusing the social welfare system?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

And the Nigerians

All of them,
    the figure for Nigerians is 18.6pc of their total Irish population of 16,300. Alas, just how many more Nigerian dependents are the beneficiaries of the rent allowances that are being granted to the 3,024 family-heads, I cannot say.

It seems that an extraordinary percentage of immigrants from one country are scheming con artists. So I think they should all be fucked out .

• Advertisement

milod wrote: »
    Why is a person's race or nationality even relevant in an argument about dole scrounging? People from all walks of life are at it.

I think meditraitor was being tongue in cheek about it. Besides, it's the Greeks he's after.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement