Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Those damn foreigners again"

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Can we snitch out those ignorant nigerian clowns who work in toilets and dont pay tax?
    I'm sure the Social welfare people would be interested in how many of them are also claiming dole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

MIN2511 who posts here regularly is Nigerian - do you think she should be ****ed out?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Degsy wrote: »
    Can we snitch out those ignorant nigerian clowns who work in toilets and dont pay tax?
    I'm sure the Social welfare people would be interested in how many of them are also claiming dole.

I consider that to be more like busking which should be tax free imo.

If I don't like the selection of parfums or the way he turns the tap on, I don't pay. Just like I won't pay if a busker plays Wonderwall.

Leave the toilet buskers alone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Dudess wrote: »
    MIN2511 who posts here regularly is Nigerian - do you think she should be ****ed out?

That depends.

Is he...

A) A legal resident of Ireland who works and contributes to the economy.
    B) An illegal resident of Ireland who does not work
    C) Some sort of A/B hybrid.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

All of them,

It seems that an extraordinary percentage of immigrants from one country are scheming con artists. So I think they should all be fucked out .

Seems one of us conned you:D

You are entitled to your own opinion, i do not agree with this(obviously:rolleyes:) but we know it's impossible:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 759 ✭✭✭gixerfixer

eveie wrote: »
    its not the foreign nationals that we should be concerned about!
    what about all the irish scum that dont work yet their fit and able to do so, they sit in their houses wearing their day in day out watching mind numbing programms like "big brother" and "how to be a proper bum"
    please do not tell me im generalising, i see this everyday.
    tghey scam billions from our fading economy every yr and we keep quiet over it!
    if your fit and able to work yu should be allowed s.s money for 6 months and thats all, then get off your fat, obease ass and do some work.
    this really annoys me, yes it true there are other nationalities scaming the system but he problem lies in every council estate in the country

Right so everybody living in a council estate is on the dole.More moronic generalisation of a people.

How regularly does he post? I mean if he's posting in the middle of the day he's hardly working is he? ;)

Deported and stripped off all his ill gotten wealth. I'd stop short of a siteban though. :D;):D

:pac::D;) I hope this is enough smileys to stop some eejit thinking I'm serious. ;) <- one more for safety's sake

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

javaboy wrote: »
    I think meditraitor was being tongue in cheek about it. Besides, it's the Greeks he's after.

The salad eating backstabbers

dlofnep wrote: »
    That depends.

Is he...

A) A legal resident of Ireland who works and contributes to the economy.
    B) An illegal resident of Ireland who does not work
    C) Some sort of A/B hybrid.

I am female!
    1. I would not discuss my permits here... but YES i am legal!
    2. I pay taxes and contribute to the economy

How regularly does he post? I mean if he's posting in the middle of the day he's hardly working is he? ;)

Deported and stripped off all his ill gotten wealth. I'd stop short of a siteban though. :D;):D

:pac::D;) I hope this is enough smileys to stop some eejit thinking I'm serious. ;) <- one more for safety's sake

• Advertisement

MIN, fair play to ya for taking the disgusting racism from Degsy and others with such good humour.

MIN, fair play to ya for taking the disgusting racism from Degsy and others with such good humour.

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭boogle

MIN2511 wrote: »
    So the Nigerians you worked with "are here for the easy ride" :rolleyes: Care to elaborate?

I supplied a service to them in the health sector. They were not employed at the time, alongide me or otherwise. the service provided to them was free.

Seems one of us conned you:D

You are entitled to your own opinion, i do not agree with this(obviously:rolleyes:) but we know it's impossible:D

Hey there MIN, Ive seen your posts and you seem sound enough. No offence meant but
    So, the 3,061 British-born people who are getting their accommodation paid for by the state are enjoying no more than the rights which Irish people in Britain would get. Indeed, the British are top of the league of foreigners who are claiming rent allowance. And this is not surprising, for they are also the most numerous foreign group, numbering some 112,000, according to the 2006 census.
    112,000 british born immigrants in Ireland and 3061 are being given handouts by our government from my taxes
    But whereas the British figure constitutes just 2.7pc of the total population of Britons living here, the figure for Nigerians is 18.6pc of their total Irish population of 16,300. Alas, just how many more Nigerian dependents are the beneficiaries of the rent allowances that are being granted to the 3,024 family-heads, I cannot say.

16000 Nigerians = 3024 family heads receiving state handouts (taxes)
    112000 Brits = 3061 family heads receiving state handouts (taxes)

Why is this ???????????????????????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

I am female!
    1. I would not discuss my permits here... but YES i am legal!
    2. I pay taxes and contribute to the economy

Sorry! She :)

Nothing wrong with any of the above.

I hope I'm not included in that Dudess.

How dare you?
    I was talking about people on the dole being a drain on the economy.THEN i mentioned people working in toilets whilst being on the dole,this was in relation to people sponging whilst working.
    What has that got to do with racism?
    Reported.
    You make me ****ing sick.

I would agree with the next person about sponging off the Goverment, it's wrong! But there are some genuine people amongst us... I remember having a heated debate with an asylum seeker about their reasons for seeking asylum and he lashed out at me(i wont go into details). It's not as they claim it to be!!!! Yes we are a corrupt nation etc but not everyone is corrupt! Corruption started from the Government, especially when it comes to Oil!!! We have the oil, we sold rights to fecking America and all the big Oil companies, they wont develop the areas they drill the Goverment steal the money and deposit in personal accounts... tbh, we are as corrupt as Ireland was before the Celtic tiger...

dlofnep wrote: »
    I hope I'm not included in that Dudess.
    No you're not.
    How dare you?
    I was talking about people on the dole being a drain on the economy.THEN i mentioned people working in toilets whilst being on the dole,this was in relation to people sponging whilst working.
    Reported.
    Degsy, I really don't want to get into a fight here but you've made yourself renowned for generalisations against various groups - not just non whites and foreigners, but also unemployed people... Christ, deaf people once!

I'm not trying to insult you, I'm simply describing what I have observed.

How dare you?
    Reported.

You said and i quote...." Ignorant Nigerian clowns"....if thats not racist i dont know what is.<<<<<<<<<<<Cue the "Im not a Racist comments":rolleyes:

And fair play to me for not being disgusted by people throwing around the racism accusation because they have not reply to a simple question?

16000 Nigerians = 3024 family heads receiving state handouts (taxes)
    112000 Brits = 3061 family heads receiving state handouts (taxes)

Why is this ???????????????????????
    Maybe there is a culture of scamming endemic within certain Nigerian societies (remember, it's a country with a population of over 140 million). An extremely left-wing bleeding heart type even said to me once that it seems to be the case.
    Maybe they find it hard to get jobs too though, because of the colour of their skin.
    But even MIN herself says she's sick of her compatriots giving her a bad name so she's proof that not EVERY Nigerian is dodgy and it's wrong to assess an entire nation on the basis of the actions of some.

• Advertisement

Now this reliance upon the state for the accommodation of so many Nigerians reflects another rather uncomfortable truth which was revealed in the 2006 census, but which has never -- so far as I know -- been highlighted in the media. It is this: contrary to almost all predictions about the impact of immigrants upon an economy, a majority of Nigerians are not economically active at all. For even at the height of the boom, in 2006, only 38pc over the age of 15 were at work.

I didnt realise any of this till I read the article today but can you(PC brigade) not understand why I would be miffed about it.

It stinks. And it points towards a group of people (not all but vastly more than the norm) who are only in our country to scrounge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Dinter

milod wrote: »
    Why is a person's race or nationality even relevant in an argument about dole scrounging?

This thread is about Nigerians so I don't see anything wrong with specifically dealing with them.

Also by virtue of the accident of birth that placed Irish scroungers here it seems that Ireland is somehow under some sort of burden to them or at least they're harder to ignore so their nationality is important for their scrounging efforts.

However unless we open our borders to every scrounger in the world I don't see why people who came here illegally and could afford to pay for the privilege of getting here feel entitled to be paid to sit around.*

*No I don't mean scrounger instead of foreigner!

But I'm Irish. Don't you know I'm allowed be lazy! :D

No you're not.

Degsy, I really don't want to get into a fight here but you've made yourself renowned for generalisations against various groups - not just non whites and foreigners, but also unemployed people... Christ, deaf people once!

I'm not trying to insult you, I'm simply describing what I have observed.

Well i'm telling you you can go to hell with your opinion.I work with "non-whites" every day of the week,i interact with "foreigners" more than most people and NOBODY has ever called me racist.
    The "generalisations" you refer to were from a thread called "your most controversial opinion",i generalised for teh sake of controversy and YOU,you agreed with me.
    People like you are exactly what's wrong with this country,you see the lowest common denomonator in every debate and you react accordingly.
    Somebody has an opinion about anybody who isnt irish and according to you,they're "racist".
    There are 3 billion people on this planet and only 5 million irish,any debate or opinion is considered racist according to you so thats 2.95 billion people i'm not allowed to talk about.
    Go away with your nonsense,maybe grow up a bit and try to live in the real world,wher people can have opinions without you calling everybody names.

gixerfixer wrote: »
    You said and i quote...." Ignorant Nigerian clowns"....if thats not racist i dont know what is.<<<<<<<<<<<Cue the "Im not a Racist comments":rolleyes:

I did.
    Nigerians come from Nigeria do they not?
    I didnt say "Ignorant BLACK clowns" did i?
    Nigerians arent a race,they're people from a country.
    If they were white what would you accuse me of?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Dinter

gixerfixer wrote: »

Actually I don't understand how you construe that as racist. It's hardly a generalisation about the whole Nigerian people. Merely the ones who work in toilets.

Sheesh, it's not as if Racist is even that long a word.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Rayven199

Yeah that kind of sponging annoys the crap out of me!
    Its only considered controversial because they are Nigerian(or other nationality) , if you said the same thing about some one who was Irish and sponging off the state no one would bat an eyelid!

I did.
    Nigerians come from Nigeria do they not?
    I didnt say "Ignorant BLACK clowns" did i?
    Nigerians arent a race,they're people from a country.
    If they were white what would you accuse me of?

Degsy i've meet people like you many times before.Your comments ARE racist but whats makes you a racist above all else is the fact that you think you can say things like "ignorant nigerian clowns" and believe it doesnt insult a whole race of people...the Nigerian people.Im not going to argue the point any more as it's pointless.I think most people on here will make their own minds up on the comment you made.Good luck :)

But I'm Irish. Don't you know I'm allowed be lazy! :D
    I should also add that i post from the bog sometimes :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Rayven199

Well i'm telling you you can go to hell with your opinion.I work with "non-whites" every day of the week,i interact with "foreigners" more than most people and NOBODY has ever called me racist.
    The "generalisations" you refer to were from a thread called "your most controversial opinion",i generalised for teh sake of controversy and YOU,you agreed with me.
    People like you are exactly what's wrong with this country,you see the lowest common denomonator in every debate and you react accordingly.
    Somebody has an opinion about anybody who isnt irish and according to you,they're "racist".
    There are 3 billion people on this planet and only 5 million irish,any debate or opinion is considered racist according to you so thats 2.95 billion people i'm not allowed to talk about.
    Go away with your nonsense,maybe grow up a bit and try to live in the real world,wher people can have opinions without you calling everybody names.

Legend.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement