Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Those damn foreigners again"

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭professore

gandalf wrote: »
    I have no problem with anyone once they are making a contribution, its the guys who do not even make an effort to go out and get a job and expect the state to hand them cash etc. Doesn't matter if they are Irish or not, if someone is not making an effort to get a job they should be forced into working.

The Government have trouble getting half their staff to work ... how do you think they will get people who don't want to work to work?

Degsy wrote: »
    And how often does that happen?
    Have you ever heard or Trade Unions?
    And i think its also fair to say that most people at age 63 would have thier mortage paid off or very close to it so they'd be unlikely to get "kicked out of thier house".
    However i take the point that not all dole-people are equal and i should've clarified that there should be nobody on the dole long term,especially if they're able bodied and/or young.

What planet are you on? Most people outside the public sector in Ireland are not in a union and can be f**ked out on their ear with minimal notice and very little redundancy. The only recourse after that is the dole which these days would only pay a percentage of most people's mortgages. If you drop the dole then basically it will be back to robbing people in order to survive. Wait until unemployment hits 10% (should be the next few months). You'll get lots of honest decent people in this situation who can't find alternative employment.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

professore wrote: »
    The Government have trouble getting half their staff to work ... how do you think they will get people who don't want to work to work?

Chain gangs!

Mairt wrote: »
    Not a lot to think about really.

Your not working, fvck off home free loader. And that goes for Irish, Brits, Nigerians etc. We can't continue to carry freeloaders.

You forgot the whole banking industry. They are costing you way more than a million immigrants would.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Dinter

professore wrote: »
    You forgot the whole banking industry. They are costing you way more than a million immigrants would.

How??

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

rofl

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

faceman wrote: »
    Saw this article in the Indo today. I bleeding hate the paper but the article does raise a valid question or 2, in a round about way.

http://www.independent.ie/opinion/columnists/kevin-myers/risible-lies-about-immigrants-no-substitute-for-honest-debate-1456226.html

In summary the article discusses statistics from the CSO that shows that Nigerians are the second beneficiaries of state paid rent in Ireland yet only 38% of Nigerians at working age are working.

The journalist is trying to suggest that no one wants to talk about the topic because its *controversial*!

What do you think? Best left for pub banter? Do you really give a toss if a mere 3,024 non EU citizens are availing of free rent when we live in a country of almost 5m people?
    They are only wasters.

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭rasper

With all the this type of ranting going on across all medias I'd imagine it'd be rather tough for a nigerian to get a job same as it was in times past hard for Paddy Irish man to get a job in the Uk and the US.
    If theres is so much rampant abuse and millions to be saved surely it is down to the department of SW to investigate and prosecute this fraud, if someone is defrauding the state, forget the chain gangs what about having interviews every week or at least posting in evidence of job seeking and checking up on these. Isn't that part of the requirements for state benefit. People are always going to claim whatever they can and that isn't restricted to unemployment benefits.
    Can't recall many District court prosecutions of employers not declaring their workers.
    Seems to be the government does not have the will or the competance for one reason or another not to crack down on all this alledged fault

rasper wrote: »
    With all the this type of ranting going on across all medias I'd imagine it'd be rather tough for a nigerian to get a job same as it was in times past hard for Paddy Irish man to get a job in the Uk and the US.

Difference being that until relatively recently if you didn't get a job (no matter how hard the times were) you starved or lived in a work house. Stonebreaking, untangling hawsers, or a long, lingering death from hunger usually concentrates the mind brilliantly. Certainly better than removing a person's need to work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭mountainyman

What do you think? Best left for pub banter? Do you really give a toss if a mere 3,024 non EU citizens are availing of free rent when we live in a country of almost 5m people?

Yeah I think it is a bit of a non event. The most imteresting angle on race and immigration in my opinion is the fact that many people seem more concerned about a tiny number of black foreigners than an extremely large number of white foreigners.
    The dynamics of the interplay between perceptions of race and immigration is facscinating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

With the credit crunch anyone who is physically, mentally and emotionally fit to work should work!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

rasper wrote: »

This one always gives me a giggle when the looneys start spouting about the Irish diaspora of the 20th century.

How many of these irish immigrants got a house and pocket money in these countries when they were out of work?

Fuck all is the answer. When the work dried up they moved on or came home and this is the differece between the Irish and the new breed of (Nigerians are proven to be top of the pile when you look at the % scrounging v % paddling there own canoe compared to any other country) immigrants who come leech of our state.

P.S I do think immigration has had a positive effect on our little country when the immigrant in question is contributing.

Except maybe the french- moany bastards the lot of the them:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

This one always gives me a giggle when the looneys start spouting about the Irish diaspora of the 20th century.

How many of these irish immigrants got a house and pocket money in these countries when they were out of work?

Fuck all is the answer. When the work dried up they moved on or came home and this is the differece between the Irish and the new breed of (Nigerians are proven to be top of the pile when you look at the % scrounging v % paddling there own canoe compared to any other country) immigrants who come leech of our state.

P.S I do think immigration has had a positive effect on our little country when the immigrant in question is contributing.

Except maybe the french- moany bastards the lot of the them:pac:QUOTE]

Actually in the UK they got housing and pocket money.

openroad wrote:
    Actually in the UK they got housing and pocket money

And why wouldnt they be entitled to this in the UK? they raped and pillaged Ireland for 600 years. Thats the least they should have done!

OPENROAD wrote: »
    Actually in the UK they got housing and pocket money.

Oh yeah? Since when? Jeez, you should really pop down to Charing Cross and tell the boyos freezing to death there that they're taking it a bit too far.

Of course you should pop round the paupers graves too and berate them for their ignorance posthumously.

While you're at it you can get on to the Irish government and tell them to stop wasting money sending it to our ex pats in London. You've discovered it was all one big mistake.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

The title of the thread is "those damn fordiners agin" but the post itself was aimed towards initiating a discussion regarding the FACT that as a group Nigerians are way ahead of the possie when it comes to sponging of the government in terms of % population.

Although threads like this can be used as a soap box for the "taximan" or the "looneyleft" agenda types that likes the sound of there own typing so much.

Well thats not actually what my thread was intended to do, although it has at times descended into soapbox racism anyway.

The point of the discussion was not to discuss nigerians but to highlight that the core issue amounts to rather small percentage when put side by side with the rest of the population. Unfortunately most replies focussed on the "those damn foreigners" element of the article rather than the statistics instead. So in many ways the title was juxtaposing what lay ahead in the thread in a paradoxial way.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Roadend

Some foreigner called me a dirty white boy the other day, he was cold as ice, I told him he was a long, long way from home.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

So in many ways the title was juxtaposing what lay ahead in the thread in a paradoxial way.

To quote the post above me, you're "a long, long way from home."

This is AH. We don't truck much with yer big city words and yer juxterpositions and parrydoxes. You goan now and scat.

javaboy wrote: »
    You goan now and scat.
    The fetish thread is thataways VVVV

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Roadend wrote: »
    The fetish thread is thataways VVVV

Actually there's only the Sex and Sexuality forum and it's not all it's cracked up to be. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 miggy

I can't believe how much bitterness there is against immigrants in this country. Policies adopted by Government cannot be the basis of treatment given to those who come here. Don't forget the government get paid a lot of money for the " refugees" they allow into Ireland. I've travelled a lot and any time I've been in Nigeria I have been treated so nice by everyone. It may be the very fact that people are Nigerian that they can't get a job in the first place and may have to claim benefit in order to survive. Whats the point in going to church and learning to be giving and caring and then decide that the only people who deserve our care are who we believe are deserving. I hope God in heaven truly does welcome everyone through the gates of heaven regardless of colour and blah blah blah.

Dinter wrote: »
    Oh yeah? Since when? Jeez, you should really pop down to Charing Cross and tell the boyos freezing to death there that they're taking it a bit too far.

The Irish are entitled to claim benefits(dole) in the UK and peronally know of some that have got housing.

miggy wrote: »
    I can't believe how much bitterness there is against immigrants in this country.

Well with the current economic climate the Irish are already starting to leave the country and work abroad no doubt taking jobs from locals but I suppose people will tell me that this is different.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

javaboy wrote: »
    To quote the post above me, you're "a long, long way from home."

This is AH. We don't truck much with yer big city words and yer juxterpositions and parrydoxes. You goan now and scat.

Scat me baby! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Why are people from Nigeria coming to Ireland?

The weather

The food

• Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

because there are so many foreigners in the UK[and i dont mean the irish}that ireland is the second most sort after destination for british to live--over 25000 in the last 10 years.-now for the good news 99%of them have jobs or are retired--{that is going to upset one of contibutors}

Why are people from Nigeria coming to Ireland?

First they get the money
    Then they get the power
    Then they get the wimmenz

• Advertisement

Then they get the wimmenz

please god ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement