Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does anyone know when the new swimming pool is going to be opened?

Options
  • 19-08-2008 10:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭

there was talks of it being ready by october - is it still go?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

where is the new Pool going to be located?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

It's between the rugby club and the junction of the Mill Road and Southern Access Road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 hon79

MuffinsDa
    Did you manage to get an answer to when this is going to be opened? It definitely looks on track to be opened in October. Car park markings are in since the weekend so looking good!

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Matt Le Tissue

Looking good for the end of October, or so I hear

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

Anyone know of any clubs lined up to use it, or if theres an early morning swim club (6am - 8am)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Oiche_mhaith

I heard it was opening next week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

Anyone know of any clubs lined up to use it, or if theres an early morning swim club (6am - 8am)

All clubs that are interested in using it were only sent out a form to fill out with requested times 2 weeks ago.

Opening hours are as follows:

Monday 7am - 10pm

Tuesday 9am - 10pm

Wednesday 7am - 10pm

Thursday 9am - 10pm

Friday 7am - 9pm

Sat / Sun 10am - 6pm

The club i'm involved with was hoping for a 9am opening on Saturdays to keep going with our usual class times for when we move premises.. hopefully we can work it out with them!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

Cool. Do you know if there was a website or anything mentioned in the literature?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

I heard theres a swimming pool being opened.

Can anyone confirm?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Hammiepeters

Yes of course theres a pool. Have a look at the centre in Bray. Same builder/architect. It's going to be great so long as they can keep scumbags out.

• Advertisement

Cool. Do you know if there was a website or anything mentioned in the literature?

No idea about a website, that's just what info was passed on to me from my club administrator

CHD wrote: »
    I heard theres a swimming pool being opened.

Can anyone confirm?

Yes, here is the full list of amenities..

Greystones Swimming Pool and Leisure Centre

The hard work of the Greystones community has finally paid off. The long awaited dream of Greystones Leisure Centre is about to become a reality when it opens its doors to the public. This state of the art facility, which was built by Wicklow County Council, will be opening in October.

We have a huge sports hall area which can cater for the needs of all sports so we would like to offer you the opportunity to book a slot in any of our facilities just fill in the form below and return it to Charlesand Sport and Recreation Centre, Charlesland, Co. Wicklow, or you can email it back to me at greystonesleisurecentre@gmail.com.

The following outlines the facilities, opening hours and prices:

Our Facilities:

25m Swimming Pool

Learner Pool and Toddler Pool

4,000 foot sq Gym

Sauna and Steam Rooms

Aerobic Studio

Spinning Studio

Fitness Classes

Swimming lessons for kids, teenagers and adults

Sports Hall catering for a large range of sporting activities

2 Meeting Rooms

Band rehearsal / Studio recording room

Large Changing Room Village

Large Parking Facility

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭LMC

Thats sounds great :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 hon79

Hi Lil' Smiler

You mentioned prices but they weren't at the end of the post. Would you be able to put them up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 and76

Brays is €7.20 a go, shoreline leisure if you want to google it, they have membership rates

hon79 wrote: »
    Hi Lil' Smiler

You mentioned prices but they weren't at the end of the post. Would you be able to put them up?

I have no idea of them, I pretty much just pasted the email I got forwarded form them. When it meant talking about prices, it meant for clubs renting time in the sports hall anyway

Now Ladies & Gents...

"the new community centre is being called Greystones Leisure Centre and will be ready for use on October 12th"

Was sent to me in a new email today, You can view the place from September 22nd

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Wineman

I was talking to the Assistant Manager this morning - he told me the rates are the same as the new pool/gym in Bray (run by the same company), they are as follows:

Annual Memberships

Full Peak Membership
    €495

Full Peak Couple
    €880

Family Membership (includes 2 children)

Additional Child

€995

€95

Full-time student over 16yrs(ID required)
    €395

Over 55s (ID required)
    €395

Pay as you go options

Adult Swim
    €7.20

Child Swim
    €4.00

Full access pass
    €10.00

Children Swim lessons 8wk course
    €90.00 See time-table

Adult Swim Lessons 8wk course
    €110.00 See time-table

Astro-pitch rental per hour paid 4wks in advance.
    €70.00

Opening hours:
    Monday and Wednesday: 7.00am-10.00pm
    Tuesday and Thursday: 9.00am-10.00pm
    Friday 7.00am-9.00pm
    Saturday and Sunday 10.00am-6.00pm

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭sasmac

Does anyone know if there is a child minding service?

Also if you are a member of Greystones can you use Bray?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,937 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Shoreline Leisure Bray rates (nicked from another thread):
    https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/147904/60297.doc

Wicklow public pool rate for comparison:
    http://www.coralleisure.ie/wicklow_prices.php

Shoreline don't seem to be offering a lot of the options available in Wicklow, like Family Swim, pool-only annual membership and direct-debit. Hopefully they will add these.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Welsh Wizard

Wineman wrote: »
    I was talking to the Assistant Manager this morning - he told me the rates are the same as the new pool/gym in Bray (run by the same company), they are as follows:

Annual Memberships

Full Peak Membership
    €495

Full Peak Couple
    €880

Family Membership (includes 2 children)

Additional Child

€995

€95

Full-time student over 16yrs(ID required)
    €395

Over 55s (ID required)
    €395

Pay as you go options

Adult Swim
    €7.20

Child Swim
    €4.00

Full access pass
    €10.00

Children Swim lessons 8wk course
    €90.00 See time-table

Adult Swim Lessons 8wk course
    €110.00 See time-table

Astro-pitch rental per hour paid 4wks in advance.
    €70.00

Opening hours:
    Monday and Wednesday: 7.00am-10.00pm
    Tuesday and Thursday: 9.00am-10.00pm
    Friday 7.00am-9.00pm
    Saturday and Sunday 10.00am-6.00pm

Is this going to be like the one in Monkstown where you get something like 45 mins and then get turfed out.. or are you able to stay in the pool intill you've had a decent swim....?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭GingerDave

Pay as you go swimming would work out at 1,185k if a family of four goes swimming ONCE a week!!!

€100 a month for swimming, thats a lot of money!!

Will there be a swimming only membership option that takes less out of the pocket? or is it the norm, take it or leave it?

GingerDave wrote: »
    Pay as you go swimming would work out at 1,185k if a family of four goes swimming ONCE a week!!!

€100 a month for swimming, thats a lot of money!!

Will there be a swimming only membership option that takes less out of the pocket? or is it the norm, take it or leave it?

well, in that case you'd take out the 995 family membership - but thats still very steep if you only want to swim. There has to be some sort of swim-only membership. In Wicklow this is 670 for a family of 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Mullie

Does seem very steep for a pay as you go swimming. Is that normal these days? I would have thought €5-6.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

No idea about a website, that's just what info was passed on to me from my club administrator

Yes, here is the full list of amenities..

Greystones Swimming Pool and Leisure Centre

The hard work of the Greystones community has finally paid off. The long awaited dream of Greystones Leisure Centre is about to become a reality when it opens its doors to the public. This state of the art facility, which was built by Wicklow County Council, will be opening in October.

We have a huge sports hall area which can cater for the needs of all sports so we would like to offer you the opportunity to book a slot in any of our facilities just fill in the form below and return it to Charlesand Sport and Recreation Centre, Charlesland, Co. Wicklow, or you can email it back to me at greystonesleisurecentre@gmail.com.

The following outlines the facilities, opening hours and prices:

Our Facilities:

25m Swimming Pool

Learner Pool and Toddler Pool

4,000 foot sq Gym

Sauna and Steam Rooms

Aerobic Studio

Spinning Studio

Fitness Classes

Swimming lessons for kids, teenagers and adults

Sports Hall catering for a large range of sporting activities

2 Meeting Rooms

Band rehearsal / Studio recording room

Large Changing Room Village

Large Parking Facility
    Thanks. Pity the mods thought my post was worthy of a ban

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

Just to let you know the swimming pool is open to view from the 22nd of sept (monday!) and is due to open mid october. You can ring the office to organise a viewing of the facilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Wineman

Jemmy wrote: »
    Just to let you know the swimming pool is open to view from the 22nd of sept (monday!) and is due to open mid october. You can ring the office to organise a viewing of the facilities.

Strange that there was no notice of this or even a flyer distributed.:confused:

Does anyone have the office number?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

Strange that there was no notice of this or even a flyer distributed.:confused:

Does anyone have the office number?

I'll stick it up 2moro ill get it in the office, someone else me for it already!

Strange that there was no notice of this or even a flyer distributed

there is a flyer - saw one yesterday. First line on it says "25mm six-lane pool" - so not as big as people expected ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 380 ✭✭future_plans

loyatemu wrote: »
    there is a flyer - saw one yesterday. First line on it says "25mm six-lane pool" - so not as big as people expected ;)

What's this? A pool for ants? How are they supposed to swim if they can't fit inside the building!! It needs to be at least......... 3 times bigger!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭sso

three times bigger than 25 mm is still only 7.5 centimeters long!!! I'd like to have a 25mm pool multiplied by 1000 myself! That said with budgetary cutbacks I wouldn't be surprised if they scaled down everything. "We gave you a swimming pool and now you want one 1000 times bigger - tighten your belts!"

:P

Advertisement