Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4800PPD by just using a cheap video card

Options
  • 19-08-2008 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Just wanted to say i still have not built my new folding rig but still waiting on all the parts "rig 3". But with Rig 2 i took out my old x1950xt and replaced it with one of the cheap 8800GTS video cards. I then installed drivers that the nividia web site told me to use "175.xx".

With this i went about folding using the GPU2 client. As i use Windows XP, the GPU2 client needs all 100% of my CPU to run the GPU2 client "will need to get vista as it should only require around 20%"

With my newly fitted video card i was only getting 2400PPD. I was a bit pissed off as i was reading on the web others getting 4800PPD & some over 5k. I then went and downloaded "175.xx" Drivers & am now getting close to 4800PPD. Just wanted to say its a big improvment on getting around 400PPD with just using my AMD 3700+ @ 2500mhz.

I aim in getting into the top 10 after that i might end up doing something else.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭riptide

Cool. Now overclock the shader clocks using Rivatuner. And you should go past 5k PPD. ;)

Advertisement