Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus drivers

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭lukester

That is a scary tale. Glad to hear you're unhurt, but I would be pressing charges- one false move and you could very easily have been killed.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Harpz

Sorry to hear about your bike.
    The records for the cctv on the outside of the buses are overwritten (every 3 days I think). Ring up and request that the record is saved. Make sure you take down dates/time and the name of the person who you talked to. Don't assume that it will be done automatically.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

I had an incident with a DB driver before and I found that DB are quite good at following up on complaints with a little nudge here and there. The matter will be referred to the person in charge in whichever Depot the bus belongs to. If its the Donnybrook garage, the guy dealing with the complaints is sound and a cyclist himself. In my case, there were no witnesses and the driver denied being a dick so no action was taken. DB is so unionised that there is little chance of this guy losing his job but he may get a warning. Inadequate I know but life is unfair. Also, if you engage in any correspondence with DB copy it all to the Department of Transport.

Again, unless you have witnesses the Guards are unlikely to take action on the matter either but at the very least the driver will have to have a chat with them. As you weren't injured, he can't be cautioned and forced to make a statement, as I found out when I was assualted but not injured by a car driver.

Advertisement