Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Registration Question

Options
  • 19-08-2008 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

:confused:I was just wondering if you have to pay fees before you can start regestering for modules? On the module registration bit it just says 'phase 2 not available'. I thought you could pick modules beforehand, and as I need to drop a resit, I dont want to pay the fees yet!
    thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,009 ✭✭✭✭bnt

It's not fees, it's just that module selection is staggered, starting next week. If you're doing Arts, that's the 29th.

As far as I know, non-payment of fees is only a problem when it comes to exams: it puts a hold on your results until you cough up.

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

They generally don't let you get a student card either until your registration fee has cleared and you're fully registered which sucks. In first year I had late registration, so despite the fact I'd paid my reg fee a full fortnight previously I still wasn't allowed get a student card.....

• Registered Users Posts: 7 xxLillyxx

ohh right, well i'm doing science and thought that the date to start registering for modules was the 18th? maybe i'm wrong! also-anyone know the fee for substituting an exam for a different module?!

xxLillyxx wrote: »
    ohh right, well i'm doing science and thought that the date to start registering for modules was the 18th? maybe i'm wrong! also-anyone know the fee for substituting an exam for a different module?!
    Nope - see here. It's a 2-part process: general registration incl. fees from the 18th, module registration from the 29th. (It's the 29th for all new CAO students, not just Arts as I thought for some reason.)

— Kingsley Amis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭dhaddock

a quick hijack if thats ok:

Im going into stage 2. i was told i would have to register in person. how long does this usually take? what are the queues at the programme offices like this week? can i pay my fees online and then go in and register my core modules in person??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I'm gonna hi-jack this slightly, as dont wanna start another thread myself.

REgistered alright earlier, everything done, timetable 99% sorted. Looked back at it just now, to realise one thing....the option module I picked for 2nd year Sociology(FAmily Life), is now gone, and it says I still have to pick an option. But when I look at the calendar thing, it says I'm still down for the tutorial in it! Anyone any idea whats going on?

EDIT: Its also ruined my perfect record of Fridays off all year:(:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Économiste Monétaire

Mushy wrote: »
    I'm gonna hi-jack this slightly, as dont wanna start another thread myself.

REgistered alright earlier, everything done, timetable 99% sorted. Looked back at it just now, to realise one thing....the option module I picked for 2nd year Sociology(FAmily Life), is now gone, and it says I still have to pick an option. But when I look at the calendar thing, it says I'm still down for the tutorial in it! Anyone any idea whats going on?

EDIT: Its also ruined my perfect record of Fridays off all year:(:mad:
    Has it totally disappeared from the list of options? It is still listed on the site as an 08/09 module. It's probably just an error - Maybe check back in a few hours?

dhaddock wrote: »
    a quick hijack if thats ok:

Im going into stage 2. i was told i would have to register in person. how long does this usually take? what are the queues at the programme offices like this week? can i pay my fees online and then go in and register my core modules in person??
    You were told..? No idea. I'm going in to stage 2, and I've already registered and paid, though I can only select electives next week. In your situation, I would just try it and see what it says: https://sisweb.ucd.ie/

— Kingsley Amis

UCD_Econ wrote: »
    Has it totally disappeared from the list of options? It is still listed on the site as an 08/09 module. It's probably just an error - Maybe check back in a few hours?

Yeah, its still on that list, but on the list in registration its gone...I've prob gone and screwed it all up by selecting another one...I can finish it perfectly later tho. Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 xxLillyxx

hm well I have to do Stage X because I didnt get enough credits last year.. maybe thats a reason I cant choose modules? But I want to substitute an exam for a different module..does anyone have any advice? like if i pay for my resits then drop one will i get the money back?
    maybe ill just call into the programme office..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Yeah the programme office is your best bet for messy stuff like that

And so my problem is solved...they have totally removed the course I've just found out through an email. No explanation given, just says its cancelled(for everyone) and to go select other option.

Advertisement