Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shotgun license transfer?

Options
  • 19-08-2008 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭

im licensed on a single barrel baikel shotgun which im now looking to get shot of as i have money down on a Beretta 30.
    what is the craic with getting a simple licence transfer from one gun to the other rather than paying the licence fee for a gun i want to get rid of and the one that iv just bought?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

In general, you walk into the local station with serial number of new firearm, current licence, and letter from firearms dealer saying that old firearm is in his lockup and sold to him. The Firearms Officer makes the change there and then and you go pick up the new firearm from the dealer.
    However - talk to your local Firearms Officer beforehand - not every station does things so simply, and if your local station is one of the exceptions, you want to know beforehand.

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭riflehunter77

As sparks has said get your new serial number and head down to your local gardai with your current licence. You should have no real problems seen as you have a current shotgun licence but you never no.

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Frank the Manc

nice one lads thanks, thats the gist i had in my head but was unsure.
    firearms officer, you must be joking, there are two guards stationed there but neither is ever and i mean ever there.
    no answer on the land line, no call back from leavin a message and the mobile is always off.
    was advised by a guard in another station that the only way he gest in contact with them is to write a note and drop it under their door and they'll call him back.
    i havnt offered the dealer the baikal yet, i just said id see if hed knock E50 off the other one as im a bit stuck for cash at the moment.
    sound for that lads.

Advertisement