Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GPS On Phones

• 19-08-2008 12:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

I'm looking for a new phone but if I'm being honest I haven't a breeze about them, I hate the little bastards but ya can't escape them these days. Anyway, rant aside, I want to get a phone with GPS that isn't an N95. I was hoping someone here might be able to point me in the right direction.

I'm currently on Three monthly bill 200 mins, I don't mind switching networks for a better deal.

Can anyone suggest a good GPS phone?

Many thanks,
    Zangetsu

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I got a Nokia 6220 Classic which has GPS. Very similiar in spec to the n95 (6220c is missing wifi being the one major thing beyond the obvious). Rumours have it on this forum that 3 will have it in August. I bought mine on Expansys.

See a comparison of them here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Sony Ericsson W760i has GPS. I got one yesterday on o2. So far the phone is great, improvement over my last phone.

I've only tried the gps once to see did it work and it located me in the street i live. The software for gps (wayfinder i thin) however isn't free, 3month trial comes with the phone.

Jozi

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭mazza

I'd opt for Nokia phones for GPS over Sony Ericsson - better reputation and have been involved in GPS longer. I'd go with the other poster's advice re the 6220 or similar.

The SE W760 has a GPS in it which works to some degree, but I've heard negative feedback on the accuracy of the GPS and it losing the signal completely on occasion. The handset looks like a bargain, but I'd avoid it if I were you...

HTH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 858 ✭✭✭helios

I had the Nokia E65 with a bluetooth GPS and that worked really well. You can get the e65 on 3, and I have the GPS for sale if youre interested

Advertisement