Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accepting an offer - talk to solicitor first?

Options
  • 19-08-2008 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭

Do I have to talk to my solicitor before accepting an offer on my house?

Is there anything that needs to be checked or that I should be careful about before I do?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,603 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

You are free to accept an offer as you wish. Nothing is binding until contracts are signed anyway.

When you agree to the offer, the Estate Agent will secure an initial (refundable) deposit from the vendor within a day or 2 and the house goes "Sale Agreed".

Congratulations btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Weyhey

Thanks Faceman.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Jo King

There is no harm in telling your solicitor at an early stage of your intention to sell. The solicitor will have to begin the process of getting contracts ready and sourcing title deeds and other documents. In the current market you will need to move quickly to hold on to your purchaser. Every day wasted before they sign a binding contract is a day when another house at a lower price may come along!

Advertisement