Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help deciding which new electric heating system to install

Options
  • 19-08-2008 12:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Hi,

I recently moved into a new apartment which is heated by electric. It currently has two old storage heaters which don’t work. It also has skirting board heating which doesn’t work either.

I’m looking to get a new system installed and was looking at panel heaters. Ideally, one in each bedroom, a towel rail/heater for the bathroom and another heater for the sitting room. The sitting room area is quite big as it goes onto the kitchen. Altogether the apartment is 69 sq metres. I don’t like the idea of storage heaters as we’re only there in the evening. I’ve seen the Duo ones from Dimplex but not sure if they would be better than a storage heater. Has anyone any recommendations on what we should be looking at. I’d like to install an efficient system too so that it doesn’t need them on all the time. Any help/recommendations on this greatly received!

Thanks
    Paul

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭mossie110

i would be looking at electric under floor heating. it could be the way to go if you have just moved in, and the place need a bit of work and if you were planning on put new wooden floors. this work could be done before hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 c class 226

The problem I see with electric heating is that it has to be run on night rate electricity because of the cost of day rate. The rooms are lovely and warm during the day but in the evenings when the heat is needed there can be a chill in the room. We are running underfloor electric heat in a concrete screed in a 40 sq. metre sitting room and I reckon it costs nearly as much as oil for the other 110 sq. metre of the house.
    Some people say that underfloor heating works with wooden floors, carpet etc. but I reckon it works best with a concrete floor as timber insulates it too much.
    C class 226

Advertisement