Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Breakdown Cover Ireland

Options
  • 19-08-2008 12:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭

Just heard the AA are doing an offer for €11 a month.

- €11 a month plus €10 DD arangement fee = €142 for a year.
    or
    - €132 for a one off payment for one year.

This policy also covers you for the UK (which i would need).

Anybody know anyone else who could beat that?

Thanks in Advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Balfey1972

check out hibernian rescue. think it was in the herald today from 49 yoyos

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭absolutegroove

Thanks for that Balfey1972, but they're coming up even more expensive that AA Ireland.

I did more digging though and found:

Irish Breakdown Cover (www.breakdowncover.ie)

Offer very competitive cover from 49.00 '

Assistance is with Axa Assistance

Very good price for a European breakdown policy as it starts from 85.00 '

Covers anyone driving the vehicle.

Anyone have any experience with these guys?

Thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

a lot of insurance polices either have breakdown assist include as standard or offer it as an additional benefit for an extra premium.

Who is your car insurance with?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 herrys

yeah as you said you need a breakdown covers you around UK. you must browse there are hundreds of websites available which allows you a coverage according to your need.. just browse them and compare for the best one..

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭sm3ar

herrys wrote: »
    yeah as you said you need a breakdown covers you around UK. you must browse there are hundreds of websites available which allows you a coverage according to your need.. just browse them and compare for the best one..

Does anyone know if the insurance companies will send a mechanic to your house to have a look at a car. I know they usually send someone in a tow truck if you break down who will try fix it on the spot and if unsuccessful will tow it, but I managed to get my car back to the house, but barely and don't think it will even make it to the garage down the road.

Any advice would be appreciated

• Advertisement
Advertisement