Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cost for job on car

Options
  • 19-08-2008 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone could give me a ball park figure for getting a new brake disk and brake pads. Its a 2001 S40. I got a price but it was in Advance Pitstop and had a bad experience with their rip off prices before (it was a different branch though).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,363 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Hard to say, it depends on the quality of parts they buy. You could price volvo dealer and then expect to get it done for half that price. Are you replacing front, back or all four discs and pads?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

From what I grasped from the guy its only one of the front disks and two front pads.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Always replace discs and pads on both front wheels at the same time. To do otherwise will give improper balance, and differing wear rates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭biggus

Price the parts yourself from Volvo and a Motor factor and then guess an hours labour on top. It is dangerous not to replace both discs at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

No prob. Thanks for replies.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

What model is it?

Petrol..Diesel? engine size?

between 43 euro and 67 euro for each brake disc.
    between 41 and 45 euro for a set of front brake pads.

www.micksgarage.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 7,898 ✭✭✭patrickc

i paid 110 for front pads and to be fitted, back pads i provided but were fitted and another job engine mounts replaced (i provided the parts again) with a local mechanic on my 01 s40, a few weeks ago.

Advertisement