Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Clio gearstick shifting

Options
  • 19-08-2008 1:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭

My wife's Clio has always done this, is it a problem experts? Just thought I would post here before going to a mechanic.

The gear stick moves when you accelerate or decelerate. I can feel it shifting a good bit when I put the foot down and when I take my foot off the accelerator.

Is this a major problem, is something about to break? The car is a 01 model.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭fletch

I've noticed this in most Renaults I've ever driven tbh. (Clios and Meganes)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

Right so, not much to worry about then!

Don't want her to be stranded somewhere.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Engine or gearbox mount may be failing. Get it looked at.

Right, thanks a million for your time.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Same thing happens with the Golf, according the father it's nothing.

• Advertisement

Cheers Limerick man, I will get it checked out anyway, she will be driving to her folks in the midlands from Dublin soon, want the car to be ship-shape.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

lightening wrote: »
    Cheers Limerick man, I will get it checked out anyway, she will be driving to her folks in the midlands from Dublin soon, want the car to be ship-shape.

Let me know, because if it's a problem i better get mine looked at too:D

Best of luck with it.

Advertisement