Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Increasing Activity here...

Options
  • 19-08-2008 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭

Right, this forum is way too quite for my liking. I know its probably not the most popular one out there but there has to be people somewhere that would be interested. Maybe everyone could stick a link in their sig to this forum. Worth a shot.

Anyone got any other suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭neilk32

You should head over to worldgamerlive thats where must of the halo lads are at. Would be best increasing the already moderate activity over on that site instead of trying to increase this barren forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭gamblitis

Why would i try increase activity on another site and not do it here? 0.o

because thats where the majority of halo players are located and wouldnt it be better to have all the halo players on one site instead of spread out across numerous forums?

Conflict of opinions i suppose. Who says we can't use either/both? Not everyone is gonna be on one specific one so who ever doesn't use one can use the other if they so choose. :D

ya i guess so its just not many serious halo players use this forum and most that post once end up never coming back. I'm just always trying to increase the competitive community and over at wgl, thats where most go to talk about lan events and serious halo discussion :P not stuff like whats your favourite grenade , but i dont know which category you fall under but i think i remember you being at an event before :)

• Advertisement

Yeah i would consider myself a serious payer but not in forums tbh. And i don't want this forum to be full of serious chat about halo. Just a bit of a laugh or whatever.If noone is interested then thats their choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

In fairness it's going to be quiet when there's no new releases etc. A lot of people will have given up on the game after completeing the SP and traded it in. What's left are online players, and what's there to discuss when there are no updates etc.?

Exploits made, scenarios created, amusing games they've played, great opposition they've met, leveling up, cheeky tricks anything really!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

gamblitis wrote: »
    Exploits made, scenarios created, amusing games they've played, great opposition they've met, leveling up, cheeky tricks anything really!

Ah but there's only so much of that you can go through before being bored into a stupor...

Well it seems to have worked slightly. There have been more posts here today than in the whole forum in the last two weeks!lol

• Advertisement

In fairness it's going to be quiet when there's no new releases etc. A lot of people will have given up on the game after completeing the SP and traded it in. What's left are online players, and what's there to discuss when there are no updates etc.?

lan events, mlg, online tournaments, teams etc. the majority of people play halo for multiplayer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TPANByjqh8

This is off topic.....but watch it anyway.

Also we should have screenshots/videos of the week sticky.

When using the rocket launcher he only used one rocket and reloaded!

What a n0oB!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

gamblitis wrote: »
    When using the rocket launcher he only used one rocket and reloaded!

What a n0oB!

Ahh, far too many times I made that mistake :pac:

I'm afraid i'll have to agree on that one! :(

Oh the shame! So anyone got any decent screen shots?Games stats?Anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Only really getting into Halo now, but boy am I addicted now :)
    Just ranked up to a Captain, really beginning to improve, love playing Ranked Team Slayer, nothing better than winning and being MVP really :)
    Ranked Big Team and Social Big Team are a great laugh aswell but lag can sometimes be a problem.
    Heres my stats:
    Ranked- Kills 1701, Deaths 1784, Ratio 0.95
    Social --Kills 1376, Deaths 1442, Ratio 0.95

Not great I know, but hopefully I can improve that soon.

nothing better than ze mlg IMO.

Advertisement