Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV in bedroom in 2 bed town house

Options
  • 19-08-2008 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hi there,

I'm looking to put in a 20 inch TV in the main bedroom (front of the house - one with the larger wardrobe) in a two bed-townhouse. The NTL box is beside the window.

Any ideas as to where to actually put the TV and the TV box?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Mullie

I have our TV on the wardrobe shelf and rather than pay for another point to be activated, have used a transmitter from the point downstairs.
    You can get them in Argos.
    This sort of thing:
    http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=30001&partNumber=5342608

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭tomcollins97

Mullie wrote: »
    I have our TV on the wardrobe shelf and rather than pay for another point to be activated, have used a transmitter from the point downstairs.
    You can get them in Argos.
    This sort of thing:
    http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=30001&partNumber=5342608

Do you know if these work on Chorus?

These transmitters work for any cable provider, DVD player etc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭tomcollins97

Whats the name of it - the Argos link isn't working any more!

Do you have to watch the the same think on both or can you watch a different channel off the transmitter?

Its called a 'DigiSender'. Yeah, you have to watch the same thing on both TVs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭daveco23

Has anyone used these?
    Reason I ask is I did the same thing a few months back using a phillips transmitter and receiver, and the quality was terrible, no matter what frequency it was on. Turned off microwave and router to no avail - it just didn`t work.
    Does the digisender have something the other models don`t? Cheers.

We use it almost every night and have had minor interference only a few times. Moving the unit to a different position does the trick.
    Although saying that, I did get a wireless router last week and it does affect it. I have to switch thet off when I use it now. Maybe your neighbours use a wireless router?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Swimming Nut

I got the NTL guy to put a longer cable in and to tack it to the skirting board under the radiator - put the TV on the walll to the right of the window; I have the bed facing the window by the way which is why this works!

Advertisement