Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graduation Questions

Options
  • 19-08-2008 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭

Hey, few questions about graduation, or more specifically, the grad ball.

What time do the busses go from The Stables?

What time does the meal start in the South Court?

And finally, I won't actually be graduating, as I failed my very last exam in UL... :o

Will that be an issue with the SU, i.e. could the withhold my tickets because I'm a dumbass?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

What time do the busses go from The Stables?
    From 6:30pm.
    What time does the meal start in the South Court?
    Seated by 7:30pm
    And finally, I won't actually be graduating, as I failed my very last exam in UL... :o
    commiserations lad, that's tough going.
    Will that be an issue with the SU, i.e. could the withhold my tickets because I'm a dumbass?
    nope, just make sure you remember to collect your ticket(s) during graduation week between 9am-5pm Monday-Friday from upstairs in the Students' Union common room; bring photographic ID!! Your UL ID is fine; just have something!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

Tis been a while since iv been on this forum but im back to annoy ye all:) Does anybody (im looking at you bluedolphin) know if the tickets for the grads are sold out yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

From 6:30pm.

Seated by 7:30pm

commiserations lad, that's tough going.

nope, just make sure you remember to collect your ticket(s) during graduation week between 9am-5pm Monday-Friday from upstairs in the Students' Union common room; bring photographic ID!! Your UL ID is fine; just have something!!

Thank you much!! :)

I'm not overly bothered by having to graduate in December, but this exam was something I really didn't want to repeat!! Meh:rolleyes:

cooperguy wrote: »
    Tis been a while since iv been on this forum but im back to annoy ye all:) Does anybody (im looking at you bluedolphin) know if the tickets for the grads are sold out yet?

nope... still a few left, not many, but a few... €55 for full, €27.50 for afters.

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭kenyard

nope... still a few left, not many, but a few... €55 for full, €27.50 for afters.

just googled and found this page so registered. Need a ticket too!

Do i have to go down to the SU to get the ticket or can i call up/book one online to save me the trip?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭badolepuddytat

I have one full ticket for sale!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

I have another question! Is it possible to get more tickets to the graduation ceremony or is the two you are given the max you can get.

cooperguy wrote: »
    I have another question! Is it possible to get more tickets to the graduation ceremony or is the two you are given the max you can get.

Get to the concert hall a good bit before your ceremony and you might be able to nab one or two more; depends if they've become free.

cool. im still looking for 1 extra or waiting for that guy above me to get back to me with a PM about it.

in the mean time if anyone is selling one msg me or reply here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 T1890

Just wondering what the story with robes for the graduation? Can you get them on the day? I found out today that I was supposed to book one but apparently its too late to do that now!

• Advertisement

Get there super early before your graduation and you should be ok. I think.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

If I recall corectly there was ones they had for people who were too stupid forgot to book as well, it just took longer cos you had to be measured and stuff.

Cheers, i expected to be told if I had to do anything important like book robes so I can't be called stupid!! Even a simple note with the tickets they sent out to me would have done

yeah i only found out off a mate we had to do it. came up randomly in conversation :)

I figure the majority of my class(business) wont have it booked

which isnt good caus im sure theres a limited amount of ones available :)

WOOP! im up tomorrow!

Advertisement