Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The new face of Feedback

Options
  • 19-08-2008 2:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭

OK, here I am giving feedback on feedback!

Anyway, I just wanted to say well done to all involved in the new Feedback. Great decision (and brave) by the admins to make the changes as some of these had been suggested in the past receiving limited support.

Also great job thus far by the mods ... this forum is a shining example of how to mod a forum even handedly and with fairness, balance, and a sense of justice.

Well done to all involved! The site has significantly improved as a result of the changes to feedback.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Well done alright, but it's so quiet without any fightdapowah threads constantly popping up...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Gandalf23

Well done alright, but it's so quiet without any fightdapowah threads constantly popping up...

Feedback was never the place for them IMHO. And a few genuine complaints were lost amongst the lolcats.

The new feedback is brilliant, and I say it was a great decision to make the changes. Also an inspired decision to pick those particular mods.

Well done again to all involved.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

I for one welcome our new......

...wait, what's this - something positive for a change??? :)

Yeah, good call sending the banned to helpdesk - that made the most difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

There were changes? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

:pac:Links would be helpful OP...:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

What? No more fightdapowah threads? :eek:

/ Un-subscribes from forum.......

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

The new feedback works well in the same way lobotomised criminals of the future do.

Efficient, but lacking life. :pac:

togster wrote: »
    Links would be helpful OP...

I dont think links are really needed here tbh. Feedback regulars know what it was like before with all the debates and polls about change to feedback and banning lolcats etc. Not to mention all the other various heated and full blown rows and the like. There was even an instance a few weeks ago where a mod of a particular forum called for a genuine complaint to be drowned in lolcats ... I doubt that would happen now under the new regime.

All I'm saying is that the new approach to this forum is a siginificant improvement and long overdue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

Gandalf23 wrote: »
    I dont think links are really needed here tbh. Feedback regulars know what it was like before with all the debates and polls about change to feedback and banning lolcats etc. Not to mention all the other various heated and full blown rows and the like. There was even an instance a few weeks ago where a mod of a particular forum called for a genuine complaint to be drowned in lolcats ... I doubt that would happen now under the new regime.

All I'm saying is that the new approach to this forum is a siginificant improvement and long overdue.
    A mod you say? Oh wow. That's awful, we should really have listened to him, with his modly status.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

There have been changes to feedback? :eek: Why wasn't I informed :mad: Right that's it, I'm of to.................Oh, wait!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

And a few genuine complaints were lost amongst the lolcats.

Never let a genuine complaint get in the way of a good lolcat :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,269 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

whats the policy on lolcats now :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Quick, ban the thanksgiver!

• Registered Users Posts: 46,106 ✭✭✭✭muffler

eolhc wrote: »
    whats the policy on lolcats now :confused:
    Why not post one and be the first to be banned congratulated under the new order of things.

Gordon wrote: »
    Quick, ban the thanksgiver!

:eek:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

:eek:

Ban well deserved. We can't have your sort giving Feedback a good name.

Advertisement