Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor Upgrade - not till sept? (merged x2)

• 19-08-2008 2:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,776 ✭✭✭

the meteor shop in limerick won't supply an n95 8gb on upgrade as they're not allowed give any upgrades until sept.

any particular reason for this - does it suggest changes to billpay prices or services in sept or do they have a quota on upgrades per month?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭dave13

Doesn't sound right. When did you qualify for an upgrade?
    Just go to a Carphone warehouse and get it there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,776 ✭✭✭ablelocks

wonderboy wrote: »
    Just go to a Carphone warehouse and get it there.

that's what the girl in the meteor shop said! but if there are changes afoot, then I might be better off waiting until sept. hence the question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

That's bizzare so it is. You should be entitled to an upgrade when it's due on your account. have you asked in any other shops?

Maybe she's getting confused with the 3G trial or maybe you're just not due an upgrade until then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,776 ✭✭✭ablelocks

nope no confusion and I didn't even get to see if I qualified or not - all I did was ask how much it would cost to upgrade to the phone on talk 400. €99 but no upgrades till sept, try carphone warehouse was her reply.

ablelocks wrote: »
    nope no confusion and I didn't even get to see if I qualified or not - all I did was ask how much it would cost to upgrade to the phone on talk 400. €99 but no upgrades till sept, try carphone warehouse was her reply.
    Unless they have stock issues or something? From what you're saying she's suggesting her specific store don't have upgrades ?

Ring up care and see what they say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Phibsboro

Just noticed this morning that I was no longer qualifying for an upgrade on meteor.ie. I rang customer care and was told that someone would ring me on Monday re my upgrade. I enquired as to what had happened and the agent seemed to imply that "too many" upgrades had been granted and so *all* upgrades had been taken off the online site. Anyone have any details on what has happened?

C

Might be linked to this thread but no one really had an answer there either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Meteor seem to have stopped all their upgrades for some reason a mate of mine tried to upgrade yesterday and was told it wasint goin to happen and that he could change networks if he wasint happy with it, that they were just told buy customer services to cease all upgrades until further notice and not given an explanation as to why...i have to say this is very bad buisness sense on meteors side!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

Could it be something to do with a 3G launch for Bill Pay ?

They could be announcing a new range of phones or something in Sept. and depleting old stock.

It could be saving you from getting an 'old' handset...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

there was another thread where someone said that customer care had told him "too many" people had been given upgrades, which i suppose means that a load of people who weren't entitled to upgrades had them accidentally added to their accounts.

if they had no immediate way of telling who should be entitled and who shouldn't, cancelling all upgrades until it's sorted out would make sense

• Advertisement

Yah, this one.

Threads merged.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,254 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Could it be anything to do with the price of Badcock and Browns share price over the last few weeks and the possible off loading of eircom again........Eircoms €3.5billion in debt and ticking...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

I've been with meteor bill pay for 12 months and I'm pretty happy with the service thus far. After the meteor website telling me that I was eligible for an upgrade last week but not this week, I decided to give Meteor a call to see if it was just a mistake on their part..

Seems as though they've changed their upgrade eligibility criteria over the past week to put more weight on to how much the customer spends. I'm on Talk 200 and i regularly spend about 50 total per month with data and calls/texts outside of the talk plan. worse thing is, that its an internal scoring system that decides this so meteor customer care couldnt even tell me when i'd be eligible for an upgrade! not even a ballpark!

I'm going to call them in a bit to tell them I want an upgrade or I'm off to O2/Vodafone. I'm fuming tbh...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Phibsboro

No call yet from Meteor re my upgrade - is *anybody* seeing an upgrade online? Anybody upgraded today or over the weekend?

C

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

Phibsboro wrote: »
    No call yet from Meteor re my upgrade - is *anybody* seeing an upgrade online? Anybody upgraded today or over the weekend?

C

nope, just got my call today though explaining that they've new upgrade criteria in place so until my spending goes up I wont be eligible for an upgrade. I presume they'll be telling you the same when they call

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭dmn

nope, just got my call today though explaining that they've new upgrade criteria in place so until my spending goes up I wont be eligible for an upgrade. I presume they'll be telling you the same when they call

What in gods name are they playing at?!! lol. Not a good move at all Meteor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

If meteor are going to get very very picky about upgrades, they will lose my business!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 westofherspine

Was having the same problems trying to get an Upgrade off Meteor this week. I called into a meteor shop in galway 3 times and called Customer Supposrt a few times to be told I was no entitled for an upgrade.

I emailed them yesterday complaining and said I was moving operators and hey presto I can get my Upgrade today along with 600 free texts over the next 5 months so I'm happy enough to stay with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

A bit or a rant... I was elegible for an upgrade at the beginning of August and they had the Sony C902 on the phone line up on the web-page which I wanted.

I went to the store and they said yeah im elegible but phone is not out yet. I decided to wait until that was released to avail of my upgrade. I check back on the webpage a week later and phone has been removed from the line up!

I wait until a few days ago and check the phones online again and I the line-up was updated with the LG SECRET, i said ill get that one so ... Now all of a sudden im NOT Elegible for an upgrade!!! :mad: This had me fuming so I rang cust care and had a half an hour argument with dosy agents and "supervisors" who could barely string 2 sentences together.

Apparantly they changed criteria on AUG 18 and I was only to be Elegible every 16 months as opposed two 12 months.You can realise how ridiculous this is and I raised various points and arguments which they couldn't counter and basically had a 30min argument with 2 supervisosrs and evetually they re-enabled my Elegibility for an upgrade! - Damn Right!

I check back online today on my meteor and it says i now qualify for an upgrade. I go to have a look at the LG secret... and ta da - its missing from the website line up.

Seriously what are they playing at.

:rolleyes:

Rant over :mad:

• Advertisement

Why don't you jump over to 3, you'll get your C902, cheaper calls, a proper 3G network and a free upgrade after 10mts....no strings attached....just a thought;)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Why don't you jump over to 3, you'll get your C902, cheaper calls, a proper 3G network and a free upgrade after 10mts....no strings attached....just a thought;)
    Gerrupoutta that drunkmonkey :p

OP, there is a whole thread on it here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 765 ✭✭✭6ix

Drunkmonkey, nothing personal but in my opinion your constant pushing of Three is bordering on spam. Do you work for them or something? I reckon I've seen at least ten posts where you champion them over all other networks and I'm not even on this forum all that much.. Gets a bit repetitive tbh.

I've been with Three for two years, and am about to leave them, purely for financial reasons (girlfriend on another network). Having experienced the other three main networks in the past and now Three for two years I can safely say that Three are no better in any way (CC is defo worse but that was never a huge issue for me).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

Thanks for responses

Id be seriously tempted but my Gf is on meteor prepaid and gets free texts to me :o

Any idea what the story is with the LG secret coming out on meteor?.. that looks pretty good!

jmccrohan wrote: »
    Gerrupoutta that drunkmonkey :p

OP, there is a whole thread on it here.

Couldn't resist trying to catch a wounded one:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

@6ix: the accusations me posters whenever they are on this forum working for networks gets really boring and tiresome. I too support 3 on this forum and like drunkmonkey try to the the flip side to what most posters here think. 3 get very biased reviews here in my opinion, and if drunkmonkey wants to give his opinion mp offer a solution to another porter them thats up to him....nothing to do with you. The op stated the wanted a particular shine which is available on 3 and yes if would get more inclusive mins.
    @op: be careful me any lg. I used one for a while and both ringtones and message alerts were very low even when turned up to the last. I missed many calls.

no strings attached.......other than having to sign up for another year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Walkman wrote: »
    @6ix: the accusations me posters whenever they are on this forum working for networks gets really boring and tiresome. I too support 3 on this forum and like drunkmonkey try to the the flip side to what most posters here think. 3 get very biased reviews here in my opinion, and if drunkmonkey wants to give his opinion mp offer a solution to another porter them thats up to him....nothing to do with you. The op stated the wanted a particular shine which is available on 3 and yes if would get more inclusive mins.
    @op: be careful me any lg. I used one for a while and both ringtones and message alerts were very low even when turned up to the last. I missed many calls.
    Posts often look hilarious when they use predictive text off a phone.

Walkman wrote: »

i see someone's posting from a phone, or are so self obsessed you randomly put the word me in your sentences :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Couldn't resist trying to catch a wounded one:D
    :D

Advertisement