Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor Upgrade - not till sept? (merged x2)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

LG Secret is in stock in Meteor stores. Just because it's no longer on the website doesn't mean it's still available. There was a big web upgrade for both the portal and the main site yesterday. Something could have slipped through. Either way, if you're entitled to an upgrade, any Meteor store should have the LG in stock now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Posts often look hilarious when they use predictive text off a phone.

snap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Ya especially when your ranting, thought about editing but got to lazy. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

chrislad wrote: »
    LG Secret is in stock in Meteor stores. Just because it's no longer on the website doesn't mean it's still available. There was a big web upgrade for both the portal and the main site yesterday. Something could have slipped through. Either way, if you're entitled to an upgrade, any Meteor store should have the LG in stock now.

Cool, are you sure because guy in meteor blanch told me they are not out yet?

Will ring around some more now to find out!...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    i see someone's posting from a phone, or are so self obsessed you randomly put the word me in your sentences :D

Both ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Walkman wrote: »
    Both ;-)
    Some one is also forgot how to do smilies on boards too ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,145 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I will be sure as shít leaving meteor when my contract's up. Upgrades were the only thing keeping me on the shítty network.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,254 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

C_Breeze wrote: »
    Thanks for responses

Id be seriously tempted but my Gf is on meteor prepaid and gets free texts to me :o

Any idea what the story is with the LG secret coming out on meteor?.. that looks pretty good!

If your girlfriend jump ship with you, she'll have free skype calls and texts to you..and you'll have free calls to her.......you'll also have video calls to keep you both amused on those long winter nights when your apart...;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Phibsboro

Just to let you know that I checked the website again today and my upgrade is back in place, along with the 1000 texts that were being offered before. No one called me btw.

C

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 765 ✭✭✭6ix

Walkman wrote: »
    @6ix: the accusations me posters whenever they are on this forum working for networks gets really boring and tiresome. I too support 3 on this forum and like drunkmonkey try to the the flip side to what most posters here think. 3 get very biased reviews here in my opinion, and if drunkmonkey wants to give his opinion mp offer a solution to another porter them thats up to him....nothing to do with you. The op stated the wanted a particular shine which is available on 3 and yes if would get more inclusive mins.
    @op: be careful me any lg. I used one for a while and both ringtones and message alerts were very low even when turned up to the last. I missed many calls.

Giving an opinion is fine, but why care so much about tempting people to 3 on a daily/weekly basis?

It's not just once or twice where satisfaction has been expressed with three, which would be fine, obviously. Instead it's a constant, "come to three, no strings attached" blah blah blah. You, or anyone else are perfectly right to give a "flip side", to some misguided opinions, but I fail to see why it matters to you if people join three or any other network, it's not going to aid you in any way (unless for your free 3 to 3 calls :D )

If I went to Motors and constantly posted "Buy a Toyota, they're awesome" over and over it would get tiresome too. Like I said I've been with Three for two years, and was happy, but I didnt keep badgering my friends, or go online posting the same lines in almost every semi-related topic.

same for me and not on NTL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

yep, well i'm done with Meteor now anyway.

have been in touch with 3 different people over the last 3 days to try and get this sorted with no joy. i can see them losing a lot of customers over this, but this kind of incompetence was always going to happen when eircom got their mits on Meteor.

I'm off to O2 to see if they're any better... al least the service and reception might make up for the increase in price

You can't get bill phones on the online store anyway so it shouldn't make a difference.

Cherislad, I rang around to Dundrum and varius other meteor shops, they said the LG is not out yet and they don't know when/if it will be out :mad:

It is out. 100%. Dublin stores got them last weekend. Country stores got them yesterday.

It is out. 100%. Dublin stores got them last weekend. Country stores got them yesterday.

I dont know what to think!

Are you sure we're talkin about the same phone??...

http://www.letsgodigital.org/en/18912/lg-secret/

I rang 3 meteor stores and they said its not out yet and no confirmed release date!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

telling people to switch to 3 is like telling windows users to switch to linux :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

towel401 wrote: »
    telling people to switch to 3 is like telling windows users to switch to linux :)
    Thats a quite apt analogy.

Both 3 and linux have no customer care.
    You just have to read the documention that is available on the internet. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Looks a really good phone. Would love to get it, can anyone confirm if it's out yet?

• Advertisement

It's not out yet for definate....

jmccrohan wrote: »
    Thats a quite apt analogy.

Both 3 and linux have no customer care.
    You just have to read the documention that is available on the internet. :)

I'd take 3 customer care over Meteor's any day of the week, they've become a complete pain in the ass recently....:rolleyes:

I'd take 3 customer care over Meteor's any day of the week, they've become a complete pain in the ass recently....:rolleyes:

seriously? you'd really rather be told to take your sim card out and wipe it 500 times than have them at least try to fix the problem?

meteor may might not be able to fix a problem but at least they're able to comprehend problems that aren't in their scripts

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    seriously?

Seriously!

Of all the customer cares I've had to deal with. Meteor and Eircom are abominal, maybe it's a few isolated instances but I have never been treated with as little respect as I have got from both eircom and meteor..Shame on both of them...

I dont know what to think!

Are you sure we're talkin about the same phone??...

http://www.letsgodigital.org/en/18912/lg-secret/

I rang 3 meteor stores and they said its not out yet and no confirmed release date!

100% sure. I held the bleedin' thing in my hand yesterday! 5meg camera, touch buttons, checkerboard rear.

100% sure. I held the bleedin' thing in my hand yesterday! 5meg camera, touch buttons, checkerboard rear.

Drunkmonkey said "It's not out yet for definate" on the previous page as did 4 other meteor sales guys on the phone from different shops!

You have to be thinkin of a different phone!! ... but i take your word that youre not crazy :D . you seem sane enough

What shop did you "hold" it in!?!

Seriously!

Of all the customer cares I've had to deal with. Meteor and Eircom are abominal, maybe it's a few isolated instances but I have never been treated with as little respect as I have got from both eircom and meteor..Shame on both of them...

that is something that has to be said for 3 customer care, they're extremely polite. they can't help with anything but at least they're polite while telling you so

Drunkmonkey said "It's not out yet for definate" on the previous page as did 4 other meteor sales guys on the phone from different shops!

You have to be thinkin of a different phone!! ... but i take your word that youre not crazy :D . you seem sane enough

What shop did you "hold" it in!?!

I'm posting a picture on here tomorrow with me holding it! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

Seriously!

I've never had a problem with meteor but as for Eircom i'm just sick of Connor Mullen(the voice over guy)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Threads merged.

Advertisement