Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor Upgrade - not till sept? (merged x2)

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

The reason you are asked to take out the sim is to reboot the phone. This corrects many small problems. I had a problem sending mms and called 3 customer care. Was told to take out the sim leave for a couple of secs and this corrected the problem. Also called over a billing issue and this was rectified on my next bill. Called about another text issue and was told they were having problems with the network and it would be resolved by the following day, and guess what it was. I know they used to be really bad but they have got much better in the last 12 months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

chrislad wrote: »
    100% sure. I held the bleedin' thing in my hand yesterday! 5meg camera, touch buttons, checkerboard rear.

Yeah what shop did you see it in? Or should I say hold it in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

http://gallery.me.com/chris.o.brien

Look under Mobile Uploads. Todays Sun included!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Haha.. I never doubted you chrislad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

Good stuff! :D

you have a PM by the way!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

You're great with photoshop! It's like some sort of ransom photo - I'll give you a tenner ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭5500

I had the same problem myself last week,i went into the store on a friday was told i could upgrade no problems,brought in the documents on the following monday and told i couldnt,from now on its 18months before you can upgrade.

Im literally sick of trying to deal with customer service its like speaking to apes no reason for anything whatsoever

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭dragona

Just the same thing happened to me today -I went in and was told I am not eligible for an upgrade. Went nuts in shop and spoke to a Customer Care man who has just called me back -he *okayed* it with his supervisor, so now I'm *allowed* What the bloody hell is going on? Its crazy.
    Also, 4 years on bill pay, and they still want my last phone bill before they'll do it -bloody dog has chewed it up, and I slung all the old ones,:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

dragona wrote: »
    Also, 4 years on bill pay, and they still want my last phone bill before they'll do it -bloody dog has chewed it up, and I slung all the old ones,:mad:

which would upset you more:

1. you have to bring your last bill even though you've been on bill pay for 4 years

2. i walk into the shop and claim to be you and use your upgrade which i'm able to do because i wasn't asked to provide my last bill

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    which would upset you more:

1. you have to bring your last bill even though you've been on bill pay for 4 years

2. i walk into the shop and claim to be you and use your upgrade which i'm able to do because i wasn't asked to provide my last bill

I'm with Sam on this one, I'm tired of people causing a tantrum over "I'm with them X years and you want a bill?!!!!!" Fine so I'll hand johnny off the street your upgrade and bump up your bill to the highest and pile on the add ons and you'l end up paying for them, Get real! I'm not having a go(well it kinda is) at the guy who is giving out over this but If you provide your bill, we'll confirm who you are and we can proceed with your upgrade-without fraud!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46 scottyevo

I still dont understand why meteor sell 3G phones, when they dont have a 3g network, there is no point buying a phone when you cant use some of the features, cmon meteor!!!

I heard that meteor were upgrading there network to 3G at the end of the year? is this true?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭dragona

er hang on -they want my last bill, AND proof of id (photo) AND proof of address.....if I go in and give them all this , why do they need the last bill AS WELL?? I understand about identity fraud and such, but I'm handing over other information too! This is in the Meteor Shop.....

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

scottyevo wrote: »
    I still dont understand why meteor sell 3G phones, when they dont have a 3g network, there is no point buying a phone when you cant use some of the features, cmon meteor!!!

I heard that meteor were upgrading there network to 3G at the end of the year? is this true?
    They most certainly do have a 3g network. I'm using it to send this message as we speak.

Eircom purchased the licence for them after smart went bust.

It has been on trial to a select group of customers this summer. The official launch should be october.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭BigCon

jmccrohan wrote: »
    They most certainly do have a 3g network. I'm using it to send this message as we speak.

It has been on trial to a select group of customers this summer. The official launch should be october.

Almost 2 years since customer care said it would go live...

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,038 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Well I got an early upgrade after 10 months at the start of August, and its still showing up on mymeteor. I was in the meteor store yesterday and there was no problems getting an upgrade if I wanted one. I looked at the lg and the n95, but my only gripe is I am on talk 300 just to avail of free meteor calls and texts and I am contemplating moving back to payg so I can get the same offer for €20. I am currently handing back between 100 and 120 mins of unused mins a month, and I dont really want to lock into another 12 month contract on those terms.

The girl in the shop told me not to do anything for another 2 to 3 weeks as there is a major overhaul of their bills tarriffs planned for release soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 scottyevo

jmccrohan wrote: »

Good, good for meteor! That will break the step thats between Meteor and the rest of the Mobile providers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭lukester

Any update on this topic? Has anyone gotten a definitive answer on what's happening?

I went in to Meteor on Grafton St today to get my upgrade, this will be my 3rd, have been with them for 4 years. I was told I had to wait another month, then rang customer care who said you have to wait 14 months for upgrades now. I asked to speak to a supervisor, and was told one would call me. The person I spoke to seemed very confused, one minute they were saying 14 months for an upgrade, then they said 'we'll review your situation after you pay your next bill'. I've never missed a bill, as I pay by DD. Still waiting for a supervisor to call me.

I'm pretty ticked off by all this tomfoolery, and am seriously considering bailing to 3, which would mean taking my GF with me as she's on Meteor too. The fact that Eircom have taken over Meteor is not good, I've avoided dealing with Eircom for several years, and found Meteor excellent till now. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭eden_my_ass

lukester wrote: »
    Any update on this topic? Has anyone gotten a definitive answer on what's happening?

The mother lost her phone last week, and being 16 months since her last upgrade she wandered into a Meteor store anguishing only over what phone to choose. Surprise surprise when she went up to the counter she was told "computer says nooooo"...calls to customer support there and since then got her as far as "wait til October 3rd and we'll see, the rules have changed"...needless to say she needed a phone and a competent provider so now shes once again a Vodafone subscriber.

The stink of eircomness off Meteor is amazing, I've been a customer for years now, convinced the whole family and others to switch, I was told on the phone I'll have to ring back when my contract is up next month at which point they might be able to tell me if I qualify or not. Sorry EirMeteor but I think you've lost the plot, and soon another set of customers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

"computer says nooooo"

I popped into work today for a few mins and was told alot of people were moving from 02 to Vodafone because 02 were too tight with the upgrades, and as the shop doesn't do meteor bill pay their only other choice was 3- You know which ones they choose:) More people for Vodafone- sorry Walkman and Drunkmonkey!:D 02 are ridiculous with their criteria! Sorry I know this is a Meteor topic but its my 2c

• Advertisement
Advertisement