Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband too fast?!

Options
  • 19-08-2008 2:56pm

Something odd happened one week ago today, my broadband got faster...

I'm with Imagine/Irish broadband, and I've been paying for the 3mb package, which offers 3072 kbit down and 372 kbit up. But last week, I noticed I was getting speeds of close to 8000 kbit down when I was streaming online video. I then checked my router and it told me my speed was 7616 kbit down and 672 kbit up, carrying out speed checks tells me im getting approx 6800 kbit down.

Can anybody shed any light on this? Will this be a permanent "mistake" by Imagine, or would you imagine they will rectify it soon?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭nd

Did u check their website? Most providers speeds were upgraded about a week or so ago.

So yeah it should be permanent lol

Yah I checked and there was nothing about it. It's just that it's a very odd number to be upgraded to, I doubt they're offering 7.6mb broadband!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

You were upgraded to 7.6mbits, sounds like you are getting the full whack too so you should be happy. Plenty of talk about it on this forum, good amount of info on it Here
    Yah I checked and there was nothing about it. It's just that it's a very odd number to be upgraded to, I doubt they're offering 7.6mb broadband!

Odd number maybe but thats what it is.

Oh right I see, thanks for your comments! Thats brilliant, It's about time they upgraded their networks!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Imagine is an eircom wholesale product reseller, threads already covering this, closed thread

Cabaal,

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement