Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best pilot watch??

Options
  • 19-08-2008 3:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Anyone recommend a good pilot watch (heli)? I heard Targoen ones are alright but don't know what model?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

Blathnaid wrote: »
    Anyone recommend a good pilot watch (heli)? I heard Targoen ones are alright but don't know what model?

I think one that tells the time should suffice. Any pilot i know has a normal watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Breitlings are magnificent. I've been eyeing up a Navitimer for a while now. Think I'll wait and purchase one in the US, they're much cheaper over there (as is everything:rolleyes:).

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    Breitlings are magnificent. I've been eyeing up a Navitimer for a while now. Think I'll wait and purchase one in the US, they're much cheaper over there (as is everything:rolleyes:).

Actually that's what I have!! It still only tells the time!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Blathnaid

ronnie3585 wrote: »

Thank you. Yes I saw that Navitimer myself, nice. Very expensive though, out of my price range I'm afraid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Real pilots don't wear pilot's watches, they just wear normal watches. CRP watches are sh!te and anything else is just showing off.

Get a cheap analogue watch you can read easily.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭yhwh

You can get second hand breitling's from a number of websites considerably cheaper than brand new watches. You should be able to pick up a nice one for about 1400.

As regards Pilot watches, the Navitimer and B1/B2 are pretty special (The B1 and B2 being both discontinued models replaced by the Airwolf and the Skyracer)

OK OK so I am hearing a watch is a watch- got it!

Well can any of you pilots suggest a good bday present then for one of your own then please? Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Fishtits

OK OK so I am hearing a watch is a watch- got it!

Well can any of you pilots suggest a good bday present then for one of your own then please? Thanks

Forget about the job, get him something "he" the person would appreciate. That is after all why you like him...

Every driver I know just wants to forget about the job when they get home, & live a normal life. ;)

Thanks. I know what you are saying. However he's new to it and is genuinely competely obsessed with it, that's the only reason I wanted to get him something related to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭john_aero

if he has not got them already, how about a set of pilot wings

• Advertisement

How about a windsock for the back garden??:p

*Kol* wrote: »
    How about a windsock for the back garden??:p

deadly

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Flyer1

There are some nifty little things around on the internet for pilots. To be honest, spending thousands on a watch is a little wasteful. They all tell the time. A nice analogue watch with a small digital face with a timer on it would be perfect.

Thanks, to be fair I never had thousands to spend anyway. I'll find something.
    Cheers

I persume wings would be no good to a heli pilot...

i seen heli pilots wear wings.

here is great shop i ue a lot in uk

http://www.transair.co.uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭electric69

I persume wings would be no good to a heli pilot...
    Yes we do wear them :)

Something useful he would appreciate and use all the time would be a nice headset. Essential kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Breitlings? You're paying thousands for a watch with a feckin' quartz movement!

Breitlings? You're paying thousands for a watch with a feckin' quartz movement!

If its what you want and you like it thats all that counts. Thats individual choice for you!:)

• Advertisement

electric69 wrote: »
    Yes we do wear them :)

Gawd, this is a learning curve for me! Thanks for that e69

He has one of them...that he's trying to sell actaully cos he's using work ones now.

I think he might be getting a "One for All" voucher after all ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭View Profile

What stage of their career is your friend at?

As mentioned earlier,transair have a heap of stuff for pilots.
    Maybe decent sunnies (more a personal choice though), a GPS if he's flies privately, a nice leather flight case, or simply a quality pen?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Fishtits

Depending on what he flies, a voucher for a good back massage may go down well... Helo's are uncomfortable buggers at the best of times.

Just a thought.

Advertisement