Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCU - dublin 9

Options
  • 19-08-2008 3:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I will start an english course in September in DCU. Just wondering is it safe to keep bike there ? Anyone tried it before ?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Are you just attending a course, or will you be living there ?

If just attending, then it's grand. There are plenty of places to lock the bike. Best bet is to get a decent chain, leave it on the racks and use it and a ulock to lock the bike. I've been doing it for a large number of years now and had no problems. I've even left it overnight several times and all was ok.

However, if living in DCU, it's not safe to leave it consistently parked outside res. I know of one bike that did not look the part but had decent components which was knicked. The thieves obviously knew what they were about. (It wasn't very well locked though) So if living there, bring your bike into the apartment.

Advertisement