Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WresteZone makes up news shocker!

• 19-08-2008 3:23pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.wrestlezone.com/article.php?articleid=221132279
    Source: Wrestling Observer

- It appears the starting price to book WWE Hall of Famer Ric Flair is $12,500. This price doesn't include a plane ticket and hotel room for Flair.

- Sometime this fall Mr. Kennedy’s WWE contract will be expiring and many wouldn’t be surprised to see WWE let Kennedy go considering how this past year has been for him.

- Despite the recent twelve WWE contract releases, backstage belief is that more cuts are on their way and may even happen this week.

None of this was actually in the Observer

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Grrr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

I heard already of at least one appearance booked in for Ric Flair in the UK and the price tallies with what I heard.

Hamndegger wrote: »
    I heard already of at least one appearance booked in for Ric Flair in the UK and the price tallies with what I heard.

Heard where?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

rovert wrote: »
    Heard where?

Fozzy said it a few days ago, he said he read it..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Fozzy said it a few days ago, he said he read it..

I was quoting from the Observer, the lowest price mentioned in it in relation to Flair was $15,000, and that was just for an autograph signing or personal appearance. There's nothing about anything costing $12,500 or anything about hotel or flight costs. Wrestlezone just made it up

I've heard nothing about how much Flair's 1PW appearance in the UK costs, but I can guarantee that it's a lot more than $12,500 given the information

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

$12,500-$15,000 would seem correct for flair. the price of big name indie wrestlers is well known on the circuit, every small booker probably knows the prices off by heart.

kurt angle is $5,000 per appearance and the same stuff first class airline ticket, 5 star hotel room. Christian is $2,500 with hotel and flights after. i believe hogan is $20,000-$25,000 but he comes with baggage as does Sid who wants a number of his buddies on the show

rossie1977 wrote: »
    $12,500-$15,000 would seem correct for flair. the price of big name indie wrestlers is well known on the circuit, every small booker probably knows the prices off by heart.

kurt angle is $5,000 per appearance and the same stuff first class airline ticket, 5 star hotel room. Christian is $2,500 with hotel and flights after. i believe hogan is $20,000-$25,000 but he comes with baggage as does Sid who wants a number of his buddies on the show

The point is that the Observer gave a rundown of what Flair costs according to his management and Wrestlezone got it wrong

Hogan charges $75,000 for autograph signings and personal appearances according to the same Observer issue

ROVERT!

Here you are! The opportunity you have been waiting for!
    Rovert's new position!

Haha, I just realised that that's the site that Bischoff praised recently

ROVERT!

Here you are! The opportunity you have been waiting for!
    Rovert's new position!

I dont want to help a racist cut & paste.

• Advertisement

rovert wrote: »
    I dont want to help a racist cut & paste.

They are racists? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Kurt Angle and Christian are bargains might sign them up for my birthday party :cool:

They are racists? :confused:

Chris Cash is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭rvd156

I wonder why they are making so many cuts to the WWE roster....

Anybody worried about a finacial crisis at WWE???

I know they have loads of money but it mainly is all tied up...

Imagine if WWE went bust.....:eek::eek::eek:

rvd156 wrote: »
    I wonder why they are making so many cuts to the WWE roster....

As they want to bring in new people who have a chance of being stars.
    Anybody worried about a finacial crisis at WWE???

No one is, their stock price is up 5% yesterday in a tough market.
    I know they have loads of money but it mainly is all tied up...

Imagine if WWE went bust.....:eek::eek::eek:

They have so much money in retained earnings, people critised them for it. It aint tied up.

The thing with WWE is that they're a public company, you can read their accounts for yourself. So you can see that they're not in any financial danger at all

The only way they could go bust is through financial mismanagement (certainly doesn't look like it's going to happen because they're very well managed now) or by losing all their tv deals. But even then they'd still be able to get new ones. They've got nothing to worry about

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭rvd156

Phew...Ah relief hahaha....

Advertisement