Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor 3g - not in Limerick until Feb?

• 19-08-2008 4:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭

Was just in a meteor store in Limerick and asked about 3g. Was told it went live im Dublin and Cork this week but thats it until Feb....Feb thats 6 months away. I am shocked at meteors decision to leave the countrys third largest city non 3g until next month.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

The latest is that nowhere will be live till the end of September. It will be Dublin and Cork first, then who knows after that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

yup it's already got 10% popualation coverage, and by september they hope to have 33% coverage by using Dublin and Cork areas.

I'm sure Limerick will be the next city they tackle.

It's still on trial atm, but what i've been hearing it's been very good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Ya Limerick, Galway, Waterford and so on in that order, don't know whats taking them so long though, they have the sites already like, just a case of upgrading them no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

What are they going to be doing between Sept and Feb. Thats nearly 6 months without extending the coverage to other parts me the country. Seems odd to me, maybe they are just jumping on the 3g bandwagon and its only going to be an after thought (oh well if 15yr old customers which they make on money from is what they want). Was seriously thinking of moving from 3 but not now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

The stores don't know anything about the launch schedules, so anything you hear from them is speculation. Dublin stores are the exception as it's public knowledge that 3G is up and running there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Hope your right, the gap in the 3g network rollout sounded strange. Will be very interesting to see what services they offer.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

lol @ walkman's sig

Now to get one for Drunkmonkey:

official 3 fanboi :pac:

Advertisement