Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moderator attitude on the Soccer Forum

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

So Sully's name isn't being changed to 'Bully'?

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

copacetic wrote: »
    Maybe it is just me then. These posts are all in a row and imo it is hard to work out what is going on:
    GuanYin wrote: »
    Hrmmm... I see.

However there were only two games going on for those posts and without looking back at the thread I can tell you which match most of those were about - in fact, genericgoon's post is the only one I'm unsure as to the reference, although I can guess :D.

How about when people are posting commentary on a game, they have to write in the title bar what match they are referencing? I wrote one in this post as an example. Sometimes it'll be obvious, but the examples copacetic posted do make messy reading.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Good Idea but a bit of a pain if your posting on a 8 goal thriller.

I can see how having seperate threads goes back to the "its our thread" larky but having only one thread does get a bit messy, oh was the old system really that bad??? (runs for cover :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Yeah I could see it being a pain having to write it in full, perhaps abbreviate it? "MU vs Por". I think something to that effect would tidy the thread up, as a lot of people use the threads as a score-tracker and it's a handy resource on a matchday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭--amadeus--

Kudos to the mods for changing thier minds on teh match threads and splitting the "big" game threads out. Doing it like that solves all of my issues with the rule change. Unmerging the threads after user feedback is good modding as well, which was the original point of this thread, so well done (nice to give +ive feedback after being such a moaning miny!)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

jaysus this thread is old. To update it there was one match thread that got totally over run by a certain bunch of posters with the actual match itself taking second place. Water under the bridge admittedly but a lot of it nonetheless.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

:pac:

SOTS for Soccer Mod!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Why would you bump this...?

CHD wrote: »
    :pac:

SOTS for Soccer Mod!
    Night CHD ;)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Spiritoftheseventies,its never a good idea to bump threads like this.The forum has changed a lot since 2008 and people will read this and think its a new thread.

• Advertisement

Dub13 wrote: »
    Spiritoftheseventies,its never a good idea to bump threads like this.The forum has changed a lot since 2008 and people will read this and think its a new thread.
    Okay :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Okay :rolleyes:

What the fúck man?

A year and a half old thread, bumped with some vague crap about something.

If you have a problem, man up and say it out straight, don't post some half-arsed attempt at trying to stir the shíte.

Rolleyys right back atchya

Des wrote: »
    What the fúck man?

A year and a half old thread, bumped with some vague crap about something.

If you have a problem, man up and say it out straight, don't post some half-arsed attempt at trying to stir the shíte.

Rolleyys right back atchya
    its a feedback thread des. Thread is still open. So within my rights to post here. Last time a new thread was opened it was closed after seven posts. What exactly is so wrong about discussing these things in the open. We are a community here yet some of us are being treated as troublemakers for raising legitimate issues. Are we equals here or not?

its a feedback thread des. Thread is still open. So within my rights to post here. Last time a new thread was opened it was closed after seven posts. What exactly is so wrong about discussing these things in the open. We are a community here yet some of us are being treated as troublemakers for raising legitimate issues. Are we equals here or not?

Go on so, give us a full run down of your issue, as it relates to the issues raised in this thread?

Give us examples of that you are talking about, and then propose the solution.

Or are you going to leave it just hanging there, all vague like?

Des wrote: »
    Go on so, give us a full run down of your issue, as it relates to the issues raised in this thread?

Give us examples of that you are talking about, and then propose the solution.

Or are you going to leave it just hanging there, all vague like?
    I tell you what my issues are. Its this in your face agressiveness that has been going on here since christmas. Its not acceptable. Not about posting styles. Its one set of posters being a particular way and another set of posters having to live with by "growing a thicker skin" It happens nowhere else that i can think of.. We have had poster after poster going on about it for ages. No one is listening. So Im saying that things need to change.
    Not for someone to post a smart arse comment at the start of some thread which is bumping.
    Now dont go attacking me for saying this now cause you asked me what my problem was. Im asking politely for something to be done about it.

Where have people complained about this?

Poster after poster?

come on des. Where have you been.
    Did you read Lucky Lloyds post in the Liverpool supporters forum. This from a mod who i thinked summed it up well. There is just way too much stuff going on at the moment. Anyway will leave it at that for tonight but will finish by re iterating what Lucky lloyd said. We have a good thing going there. But lets make it better.

No from me. And let me tell you that are days when I hate the soccer forum, and all who sail her, with a fiery passion. But then I go to some other soccer forums for a few minutes and run back here with a renewed determination to make things work. The soccer forum on boards.ie is awful, truly terrible. But it remains infinitely better than 95%+ of open soccer forums on the internet. It may not seem like it sometimes, but we have a good thing going here. And so long as there is a core of regular posters who want to push the discussion forward we should absolutely not rip the soul out of it. And make no mistake, the soul would be ripped out of it if this request was granted.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Zombie thread.

Really, it didn't need to be reanimated. If you have a problem with some Moderation, and weren't able to resolve it with the Mod, please involve the CMod :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement