Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows Live Maps over Sligo

Options
  • 19-08-2008 5:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭

I know that Windows Live Maps isn't exclusive to Sligo but I was taking a look at it to see how accurate it was and I noticed a pretty big mistake.

Map Here

I'm not going to tell you what I noticed,I want to see if you guys and spot it too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭YeatsCounty

Spoilerised:
    Wow, the rain in the North West must have been absolutely terrible if we ended up with Enniskillen's river. I wonder where the Garavogue was diverted to?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

:D

The fools!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭Jabby

bobcar61 wrote: »
    I know that Windows Live Maps isn't exclusive to Sligo but I was taking a look at it to see how accurate it was and I noticed a pretty big mistake.

Map Here

I'm not going to tell you what I noticed,I want to see if you guys and spot it too.

Would I be right in saying that they may have mixed us up a little with ..er .. Ballyshannon?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

At least you noticed,although it was fairly obvious:rolleyes:

Jabby wrote: »
    Would I be right in saying that they may have mixed us up a little with ..er .. Ballyshannon?:confused:

Well yes,but most notably Enniskillen!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭Jabby

bobcar61 wrote: »
    Well yes,but most notably Enniskillen!

"Are you goin' to the ---- for a pint?" ....Hasn't the same ring to it has it? . Na, I'd prefer it the way it is.:)

Ok now I'm confused..not following you Jabby.Saying that though,I am a bit slow in that department so its probably just me that isn't with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

I like it, it has a nice ring to it :pac:

I think I'm with ya now Jabby so there is no need for you to explain you last post:P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Big bloody muppets:D
    wish it was that....oh the shops:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

My car satnav has the same mistake in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

haha

epic fail

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭KStaford

dam fools, they are gonna have to work real hard to "earn" back our respect

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Also, it's Ballast Quay, not Belfast Quay. n00bs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Big_Mac

Lol, and they say that westlife put sligo on the map eh? spanners........

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

My sat nav also has the same mistake on it. They all probably got the info from the same database.

Advertisement