Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bill Phone Questions

• 19-08-2008 5:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭

When it comes to mobile phones im always lost!! Im currently on meteor pay as you go,but am thinkink of switching to bill pay!! I roughly spend 40 euro a month as it is!! Would it be cheaper swiching??

No matter what im still going to buy a new phone,wheter it is on bill pay or pay as you go! I was online on www.meteor.ie and i prefer the bill pay phones especially the samsung tocco and the nokia n95 8 gb. The price says from 49 euro....what is the actual price? And are these phones any good?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 mrs.ljungberg

I just signed up to meteor 2 weeks ago
    I went for the talk 300 talk and text( 300 any network minutes and free meteor calls and texts) for 50 euro a month
    I got an n95 8gb for 99 euro on that plan but I had to pay 100 euro deposit(comes off your bills)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Those prices are from €49. Its dependent on the tariff you pick. I presume you want to stay with meteor, have you checked your price plans?

I would suggest going for the Talk 300 which is €50 a month, 300 inclusive mins, 20c outside and 80 texts. This plan has the added of free calls evenings and weekends where the Talk 200 does not have free evenings for the €10 cheaper. Also the phone will be slightly cheaper on the Talk 300.

What i have said is roughly based on what info you gave. If you gave more information about of mins you use each month and to what network. It could be worth while staying on prepay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

When it comes to mobile phones im always lost!! Im currently on meteor pay as you go,but am thinkink of switching to bill pay!! I roughly spend 40 euro a month as it is!! Would it be cheaper swiching??

This tells us nothing really. Give us a breakdown or indication or how much data / MMS / SMS / calls you make, to what networks, when etc.

No one can really advise you fully until then and any suggestions are just (perhaps educated) guesswork.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭The Batman

random wrote: »
    This tells us nothing really. Give us a breakdown or indication or how much data / MMS / SMS / calls you make, to what networks, when etc.

No one can really advise you fully until then and any suggestions are just (perhaps educated) guesswork.

I send between 50 to 100 sms a day mostly to meteor customers! No mms! I'd make around 5 hours of calls a week,mostly to vodafone and o2! So if i was to go for the 300 talk option,i'd be paying 150 euro for the phone and deposit,then 50 euro a month at least??

Are the prices of accessing the internet high?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Hmm i don;t see how you use that much money. I spend about a tenner a month on meteor payg because it is so cheap. All your texts and calls to meteor customers are free when you top up by 20e for the month.

• Advertisement

I spend a fortune on net sending emails! i also sometime shave to send a cluster of approx 50 texts from time to time to clients etc which are mostly on vodafone bill!!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Ouch! I'd use the webtexts for the vodaphone guys.

That takes a age tho!!! time is money and all that malarky!!!

Nah it doesn't just put them into a group. Then you write the text and hit send, really handy. I send texts to about thirty people simultaneouly with that, it's great. Just a suggestion.

Advertisement