Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

tyre

Options
  • 19-08-2008 5:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭

Looking to get good tyres for mazda rx8 - If i got a set of bridgestone 225/45 r18 91w - would they be ok - cheapest quote i got so far is 200e per tyre - this sound about right or too exp? They have suggested continental as well?Limerick/Tipp area

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Try here: http://www.eiretyres.com/start.html
    Toyo PROXES T1-R have a good rep

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭victor1

thanks for that link, u used them before?

anyone know anything about a avon tyre on same spec, got a cheaper quote for their sports tyre-but never heard of em so dont know if ok
    225/45/r18 91w

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

if you buy from eiretyres just be aware that not every tyre centre will fit them. Check their website for approved centres. You will also have to pay for the fitting (€10 a wheel I think)
    If you have a cheaper quote from a tyre centre that probably includes fitting and balancing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Tails142

I paid around 86-90 euro a tyre for Falken FK452'a (I think) off camskill.co.uk - I found them to be a fair bit cheaper than eiretyres for similar and camskill only charge 6 euro delivery per pair of tyres (eiretyres include delivery in the price of the tyre). I got 4, those Falkens have a good reputation.

I got them fitted for 15 euro a tyre including balance, and 75 quid for a 4 wheel alignment. Most places will fit tyres you buy off the internet for a fee, just ring and ask them, though I dont think the big chains like Qwik Fit and Advanced Pitstop do.

So about 510 quid for 4 tyres (372+135) - bit cheaper than what you've got quoted though Falkens wouldnt be the most expensive tyre but perform as well as the most expensive by all accounts.

Advertisement