Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finally started my Koi yesterday - Woohoo!

Options
  • 19-08-2008 5:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭

Its only the outline so far but f*ck it I'm so happy with it im putting up a picture anyway :)

Two hours work so far, very bruised today especially on my hip. The sorest part was around my ribs and on my side where his tail is. Obviously the ribs hurt because its basically all skin and bone, but out of nerdy interest does anyone know why the hip area hurts so much? It wasn't on the bone, just the fleshy part.

The Koi is being filled in next week. Some Japanese waves and cherry blossoms have still to be added at some stage also.

Im sitting in work wrapped in cling film, bruised and basically happy as a pig in poo that my new tatt is finally started. Yay! :p

Ps. If anyone has any suggestions for a complimentary piece for my other side, let me know! :D

Edit to add: Eoin in South Ink is the man responsible for the piece, the guys a ledge!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 540 ✭✭✭RazielDoomgate

oOOo fancy. cant wait to see how it turns out. i have plans too to get a koi as part of my sleave along with japanease style water around it

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Lookin good so far! \o/

Keep us posted on the progress! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Molberts

Will do! ;) I was hoping to get it filled in next week but it will depend on how fast the bruising goes down.

PS> Just told a workmate the clingfilm was for a special "clingfilm diet" im trying, where you dont eat anything and when you get hunger pains you wrap the clingfilm a little tighter. His eyes nearly popped out of his head heh heh :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Cherryvega

Haha! Yea it was an all round success in The Full Monty :P

Love the work btw, the placements great! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭vangoz

Molberts wrote: »
    Its only the outline so far but f*ck it I'm so happy with it im putting up a picture anyway :)

Two hours work so far, very bruised today especially on my hip. The sorest part was around my ribs and on my side where his tail is. Obviously the ribs hurt because its basically all skin and bone, but out of nerdy interest does anyone know why the hip area hurts so much? It wasn't on the bone, just the fleshy part.

The Koi is being filled in next week. Some Japanese waves and cherry blossoms have still to be added at some stage also.

Im sitting in work wrapped in cling film, bruised and basically happy as a pig in poo that my new tatt is finally started. Yay! :p

Ps. If anyone has any suggestions for a complimentary piece for my other side, let me know! :D

Edit to add: Eoin in South Ink is the man responsible for the piece, the guys a ledge!

Yeah looks real promising. Finished article should be sweet...... Good stuff

• Advertisement

Part two today :D added Japanese waves, leaves and cherry blossoms. Colour needs to be filled in in a few weeks on the koi and blossoms and some highlights on the waves then we're pretty much all done! :p

edit to add: the waves are actually a fab blue, not purple, thats the bruising starting to come up :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Nice one Molberts, hope ya enjoy it

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭Lady

Wow thats really pretty!!
    nice work, kudos to you :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Captain Ginger

Hahaha that's looking sweet so far :D, It's a nice big piece too :)

Looks awesome Molberts!

• Advertisement

Thanks dudes, I'm really happy with it so far. :D I seem to be the only one who doesnt think its really big though, everyones reaction up close so far has been whoa thats HUGE! :eek:

*Checks in mirror* My right side and a quarter of my back, I suppose its big enough like:p Wouldn't want it any smaller though I think its a good fit.

Where am I going to put my birthday cupcake tat now though?!:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Oh wow it looks really great so far.
    Cant wait to see it all finished! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Fiii

Veeery nice Molberts :)

Your cupcake idea is so cool. I turned 25 last year, kinda wish I had done something to mark it like that. (Arrrghhhh - old age ;) ah no, it's not so bad really, especially if you're like me and still look about 17! ha)

ooh lucky you!!

have just spent about an hour googling cupcakes:eek:

I've been recently been introduced to invader zim, am toying with the idea of incorporating a Gir now as well.. he's just so darn cute!:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

That is deadly Molberts!!

Where am I going to put my birthday cupcake tat now though?!:confused:

Cupcakes go in the tummy... why not get it there! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

Gir, with cupcake. You must get it done now :D

I'm considering it. If I haven't made up my mind in the next couple of days though I'll put it off for a while. It'll still be "for" my birthday and it'll be there long enough so worth being sure! :rolleyes:

Another sitting today :D 1.5 hours, first layer of filling on the scales, shading on the tail and fins. Still a good way to go yet, the dude is a total perfectionist :rolleyes::) he's awesome :D

Going to keep adding pics to this thread as I go rather than starting new ones every time, keeps the board tidier and whatnot. :)

koi610-3.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭Kya1976

looks great:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

I'm a fan too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭marti101

Very nice good size,like the cupcake idea.On the other side what a bout a geishe

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Fiii

Looking good Molby!

Thanks guys :D

Marti I got the cupcake on my left lower stomach/side; here's a pic :pac:

348110241a8917239472l.jpg

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

The Koi's looking great!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭VickBack

Your koi tattoo looks amazing...

One of the nicest I have seen!

And I like the cupcake one too :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭suzaane

Thanks guys :D

Marti I got the cupcake on my left lower stomach/side; here's a pic :pac:

348110241a8917239472l.jpg

oh wow!
    i LOVE your cupcake! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭marti101

Yes the cupcake looks amazing really different:D

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Aspiration

Molberts, the tattoos are gorgeous. You must be so happy with them! The colours in the koi are looking great so far so I can only imagine what it'll be like when it's completed!

/I can't believe I missed this thread!

• Advertisement

Thought I'd commented the last day, sorries! The colour looks like it's coming on really well :D Can't wait to see the finished product! :D

Advertisement