Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Accomodation for ITBlanchardstown?

• 19-08-2008 5:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭

I am not sure yet, hypothetically speaking, but I may need accomodation out in Blanchardstown.

Has anyone found accomodation in Blanchardstown recently easily, is it cheap/expensive?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭BaRcOe

Maybe I should have asked this Q first

Does anyone on Boards actually currently go to ITB?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

BaRcOe wrote: »

I do, but not as a student. :p

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    I do, but not as a student. :p

Ive accepted comp engineering in der. will u b lecturing me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 repeatlcstudent

hey,

I am goin to ITB to do an honours bachelors degree in Business and french... does anyone know if after the 4 years i cud do a hdip in education and become a business and french teacher????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Ive accepted comp engineering in der. will u b lecturing me?

No, I only do evening classes now. I have a regular 9-5 job also.
    hey,

I am goin to ITB to do an honours bachelors degree in Business and french... does anyone know if after the 4 years i cud do a hdip in education and become a business and french teacher????

Best ask over on the Teaching and Lecturing forum. As far as I know (and I am not a teacher), it sounds like you would.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Tim131

Maybe I should have asked this Q first

I've been offered a place in computing in information technology there, I'm disputing whether to go though, as I've heard nothing about it, and it'd be a bitch getting there everyday...

...But the course itself looks good, not sure about the campus, haven't seen it yet, am thinking about timing how long it takes to get in to the campus in the morning.

But it doesn't look like there's many students on boards.ie, maybe it a small institute!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 repeatlcstudent

yeah not many people i know go there... it seems to be pretty small... but the course look good... yeah i am travelling from clondalkin so its a bit of a struggle to get there 2:(

yeah not many people i know go there... it seems to be pretty small... but the course look good... yeah i am travelling from clondalkin so its a bit of a struggle to get there 2:(

I'm sure theres a decent bus service from clondalkin to blanchardstown, well, as the crow flies it aint to far off, but you know Dublin Bus, they'll bring you all around the world before you get to your destination :p

*looks for some Dublin bus/DART rambler ticket online* :p

Tim131 wrote: »
    I've been offered a place in computing in information technology there, I'm disputing whether to go though, as I've heard nothing about it, and it'd be a bitch getting there everyday...

...But the course itself looks good, not sure about the campus, haven't seen it yet, am thinking about timing how long it takes to get in to the campus in the morning.

But it doesn't look like there's many students on boards.ie, maybe it a small institute!?

Ye I was there today just to check it out(offered computer engineering), its a really nice place, theres a sence of freedom and openess out there. All together there is 6 buildings I think.
    The indoor sports is well facilitated with great indoor futsal!
    Theres a little gym, weights, treadmills...etc with pro trainers that supervise it.

For me it could take 1.5 hours to get there every morning but it really seemed to be a nice place. I will get my full licence within the next year anyway so i should be ok. I asked about accomodation, they reccomended I commute publicly for the 1st while and then see if there are people who also want accomodation, it could then work out cheaper if there is a group of us wanting to go in on local accomodation.

There is an open day on September the 4th From 4p.m-8p.m. Obviously im gonna check it out.

It is a small institute but you know what they say, Size doesnt matter.

Plus there are some great societies, the fact that there are nearly 1,500 people attending in such a small area means it will seem bigger than it actually is!

you said " it doesn't look like there's many students on boards.ie, maybe it a small institute!?"

This institute opened in 1999 which means it is a fairly new institute and it is rapidly growing as the years go on. The fact that there arent many ITBers boardsing, i cudnt answer that really, who knows, maybe it will increase as more people go to ITB and have greater interest in computers..etc
    The more potential ITBers the more they will research and find topics on Boards about ITB from googling so hopefully we will see more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 362 ✭✭theone

Tim131 wrote: »
    I'm sure theres a decent bus service from clondalkin to blanchardstown, well, as the crow flies it aint to far off, but you know Dublin Bus, they'll bring you all around the world before you get to your destination :p

*looks for some Dublin bus/DART rambler ticket online* :p

not wanting to put you off but IT Tallaght is allot closer I'm a bit biased but the computing course there is fairly decent.The 76b is a pretty frequent bus as well.
    I went the other way from blanchardstown to tallaght and I wouldn't recommend it you can get the 76A but it's not a very reliable bus.

• Advertisement

Ye I was there today just to check it out(offered computer engineering), its a really nice place, theres a sence of freedom and openess out there. All together there is 6 buildings I think.
    The indoor sports is well facilitated with great indoor futsal!
    Theres a little gym, weights, treadmills...etc with pro trainers that supervise it.

For me it could take 1.5 hours to get there every morning but it really seemed to be a nice place. I will get my full licence within the next year anyway so i should be ok. I asked about accomodation, they reccomended I commute publicly for the 1st while and then see if there are people who also want accomodation, it could then work out cheaper if there is a group of us wanting to go in on local accomodation.

There is an open day on September the 4th From 4p.m-8p.m. Obviously im gonna check it out.

It is a small institute but you know what they say, Size doesnt matter.

Plus there are some great societies, the fact that there are nearly 1,500 people attending in such a small area means it will seem bigger than it actually is!

you said " it doesn't look like there's many students on boards.ie, maybe it a small institute!?"

This institute opened in 1999 which means it is a fairly new institute and it is rapidly growing as the years go on. The fact that there arent many ITBers boardsing, i cudnt answer that really, who knows, maybe it will increase as more people go to ITB and have greater interest in computers..etc
    The more potential ITBers the more they will research and find topics on Boards about ITB from googling so hopefully we will see more.

That is some great information, thank you for posting :)

I'm actually heading on in today, to look around the campus etc. But from what you said, it seems like it's a great place.

Yeah transport will be bad, but I'm sure it will be worth it, and I will either find accomodadation or hopefully get my full license.

Cheers

OP: Tom Dunne

I thought you might be interested in this. I've put in a request for an IT Blanchardstown forum. If you are interested, post your support, see signature for Link.

Advertisement