Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suggestions for Characters Discworld...

Options
  • 19-08-2008 6:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

Suggestions for Upcoming movies that of course Sky One are going to Air.

Any good suggestions for sertain characters, favourites and already existing characters (Hogfather and the Colour of Magic)

Anyone can comment anything,
    but please,
    No Spamming
    Stay on topic,
    i.e. Dont go on a rant about Arnold Schwarzenegger being a good Carrot Ironfounderson, then saying that he was good in, i dunno, some other movie then going on about that Movie...

OK??
    Cool...:P:cool::D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Zageroth

Ok i'll Start,

David Tennant = Moist Von Lipwig

Reason:
    Energetic and Spontanious, as shown in Doctor Who.
    and hell, it would be kind fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

I
    want
    Soul Music.

I want to tear my toungue out as I say this, but Orlando Bloom for the lead role........I feel so dirty.

I
    want
    Soul Music.

well which character Olamdo Bloom, well as "Cliff" i can see your point...
    But as Imp Y Celyn, I cant see it....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭seagull

After all, he's meant to look a little elfish, not like a hobbit.:)

hahahaha,

so seagull, whats your poke into this?
    your opinion on who would be a good character of your choice form the Disc, and your actor to portray him/her

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭GenghisCon

Small gods. My favorite discworld novel by a large margin.

Brutha --- Johnny Vegas
    Vorbis --- James Nesbitt
    Dydactulus --- Christopher Eccelson
    OM (voice of) --- Ricky Gervais (or for the case of consistancy; David Jason).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Me and a friend always have this convo late into the night when we meet up.

Last count, we went through most of the main characters, and some bit parts, but I can't for the life of me think of many now.

Any of the City Watch books would be a brilliant show, but we could never agree on who would play Vimes, especially young/older/married Vimes.

Dibbler, David Jason comes to mind, a Delboy type character, ya know? Or that Iranian comedian, can't think of his name, could make a deadly international Dibbler/Djiba/Diblobossonson.

Rincewind, we thought Nicholas Lindhurst would have been a better job than David Jason, younger, lankier and more gormless.

Colon, we had in mind yer man from Heartbeat, the Sargent in that, perfect sargenting material that man, and Colon to a tee.

Stephen Fry would make a deadly Wilikins, Vimes butler, especially in Jingo, giving Johnny Klatchian a taste of cold steel and that.

Carrot is a hard character to pin down, needs to be tall (well 6 foot odd anyway) well built, earnest, cunning but simple, well meaning, sharp as a tack but a bit dull.

Moist von Lipwig, maybe the guy from Skins, Tony, when he gets older, David Tennant, thats a stroke of genius, I'd have never have thought of him, but yeah, I can see it.

Brian Blessed, I just want him in there somewhere, as a dwarf or something. He's an ACTOR, you know.

For Imp y Celwyn/Buddy, I really can't see that talentless fool Bloom. Yes, yes I get the LoTR thing, but no. Johnny Depp, maybe, but thats a stretch too.

Nanny Ogg, can only be one candidate here, Dawn French. Simply made for it.

Granny Weatherwax, hmmm, had thought Dame Judy Dench.

Thats all for now. Need to go "think";)

thank you very much Sofiztikated,
    what a long plug, please keep it up!

My Thought on your Suggestions:
    Vimes would be the hardest of most of the characters to cast through-out Discworld, so thinking caps on Gents, and Ladies...

Carrot would be easy, nice faced Mr.Universe or body builder and dye his hair Orange, not too difficult.

Nicholas Lindhurst, i've been saying that for ages now, not on this one, but come on!! Rincwind was supposed to Meet Albert in Deaths Domain, it would have been a laugh to see Del-Boy and Rodney skit calling him a plonker in Deaths house...
    its th little things right?

Stephen Fry, great butler, Jeeves and Wooster all over again for him...

for some reason i dont see Judy Dench as Weatherwax... Too short and too well, "plump" for Weatherwax standards.. there are plenty of old tall actresses out there to play that role... Maggie Smith Maybe.. like she wasn't a Witch before...

Lipwig, came up with the Idea myself... Watch Doctor Who and hey presto, intant Moist... hhahaha easiest pun in the world..

Dawn French, masterly Surmise my dear fellow Pratchetter...

Maybe, the elfish look about James Blunt brings Buddy to mind.. but hell Bring on Depp, not sure they could afford any props/scenes/actors/anything, just Johnny depp reading the book for an hour and a half...

maybe not then...

Anyway, get back with more ideas for the Characters whenever you can..
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Digging up old thread but what the heck.

Was rereading men at arms and happened to be rewatching some of the middleman.

Maybe Matt Keeslar could play a good Carrot?

Advertisement