Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

women!!! its not fair!

Options
  • 19-08-2008 6:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 540 ✭✭✭

jsut cause you got boobs you get tattoos for free or for nothing at all.

friend there just got a zombie pinup girl/pirate on her leg for 20e!

why cant there be more female tattooists in ireland where we can suduce to get free tattoos too!

tis not fair i tells ya!! not fair indeed!! ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭pe-cze

well, if i will be a tattooist i could actually do it for free or something just because u r handsome :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

o.0 wtf

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Cry me a river :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

You get what you pay for or less.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭pe-cze

Boston wrote: »
    You get what you pay for or less.

well, if the tatoo artist is your good friend he/she might do it even for free.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

a mate of mine is in the process of becoming a tattooist, he's gonna do me one or two for nothin, and I've started gettin tattoos slightly cheaper cuz i go to the same guy all the time...one of my mates that was with me last time i got one think he likes me but meh...boobies do rock! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭hot2def

women have soooo many advantages in life due to gender, I don't know how white men aged 18-35 can stand it.... :rolleyes:

*stomps* grrr

*eats some chocolate*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RubyXI

Is this a serious thread? I got my tatt priced, its about 3 inches square and they said it'll cost around €160.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭hot2def

no, actually

sarcasm aside - screw any male tattoo artists who would drop a price to perv on a woman, and double screw any woman who would "seduce" a tattooist for free work. Losers all round.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

phi3 wrote: »
    Is this a serious thread? I got my tatt priced, its about 3 inches square and they said it'll cost around €160.

3 inches square??? At €160??? That sounds a little steep to me, mind if I ask where that is? Most places charge by the time it takes... Mine both cost me €150 each, and they are much bigger than that, and took ~1.5 hours

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

quote from some of our continental tattooist friends to a friend.

"You comma to my shop and I give you a free-a tattoo.. But you have to let me put it on a sexy part of you body"

I know exactly who said that, haha

3 inches square??? At €160??? That sounds a little steep to me, mind if I ask where that is? Most places charge by the time it takes... Mine both cost me €150 each, and they are much bigger than that, and took ~1.5 hours

Gettin it in tattoo zoo in cork. Sounded a bit expensive to me too. But hey

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

hot2def wrote: »
    no, actually

sarcasm aside - screw any male tattoo artists who would drop a price to perv on a woman, and double screw any woman who would "seduce" a tattooist for free work
    I kinda think a screw is what the tattooists are hoping for.:P

To me this means one or more of 3 things:
    1. The mark-up is so high the rest of us are being fleeced.
    2. The artist is a trainee but doesn't want to let on.
    3. The artist is sleeze and with dubious ethics like this you have to wonder if he will try it on with the girl if they get left alone or even if he maintains such an improfessional stance to the rest of the process, e.g. hygiene and using sterile equipment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭vangoz

farohar wrote: »
    I kinda think a screw is what the tattooists are hoping for.:P

To me this means one or more of 3 things:
    1. The mark-up is so high the rest of us are being fleeced.
    2. The artist is a trainee but doesn't want to let on.
    3. The artist is sleeze and with dubious ethics like this you have to wonder if he will try it on with the girl if they get left alone or even if he maintains such an improfessional stance to the rest of the process, e.g. hygiene and using sterile equipment.

Yep.

I defo agree with numero 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭Flojo

why cant there be more female tattooists in ireland where we can suduce to get free tattoos too!

Wasn't the case for me I went to Zulu and not only did I find them quite snobby, they charged me e160 for a sh!tty tattoo 5 years ago :eek:

I was under age though and I think they knew so they fleeced me.

I'm a girl btw :p

I got a quote for whats gonna be my largest piece with the artist I've got my last few off, zulu told me like 400, snakebite told me 180 the first time and 250 the second time i checked, but my "regular" guy said 300 flat, even if it ends up taking a near on the four hours, but i think it's cuz he's gettin to know me more than anything pervy...

the size of that btw is gonna be i guess near on 6 inches tall and about 4-5 inches wide...

Le Rack wrote: »
    snakebite told me 180 the first time and 250 the second time i checked,

Guess which time she wasn't wearing a low cut top.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Censorsh!t

Gettin it in tattoo zoo in cork. Sounded a bit expensive to me too. But hey

I aksed in there to price one i want, i'd say it's about the same size, 3 inches sq, and also in colour and he said E140

• Advertisement

Censorsh!t wrote: »
    I aksed in there to price one i want, i'd say it's about the same size, 3 inches sq, and also in colour and he said E140

Mine is just black. He said around €160 so maybe he'll lower the price. I'll soon find out. I'm getting it at 5.30 today. So scared.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

No need to be scared phi3! :) It'll all be fine!!!
    Also, don't starve yourself beforehand, sugary drinks are good too. :)

Guess which time she wasn't wearing a low cut top.:pac:
    whisht you! :D

phi3 seriously dude, no worries, it'll be kinda sore but you'll love it and want more as soon as you're done!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭xXxhotstuff xXx

hmmm im likin the sound of that wher was it hehehe :D joke

Le Rack wrote: »
    whisht you! :D

phi3 seriously dude, no worries, it'll be kinda sore but you'll love it and want more as soon as you're done!

All done and posted on il'll show u mine if u show me urs thread :D
    It did hurt, more on the right side than the left though for some weird reason. But wohoo, It's done!

It did hurt, more on the right side than the left though for some weird reason. But wohoo, It's done!

Did the artist start on the right side? As it takes time for the endorphins to kick in and start blocking the pain so that could be a simple explaination to this.

Did the artist start on the right side? As it takes time for the endorphins to kick in and start blocking the pain so that could be a simple explaination to this.

Well it always hurt more on the right side. Even the finishing bits

Interesting... would imply greater nerve concentration on that side for some reason, though it could simply be due to the spine affecting the artist's control over the depth to which the needle was penetrating or how controled his movements were. Though unless he was a lefty I'd expect it to be the left side to suffer from that (the side where his hand would have to lean across the spine).:confused:

Interesting... would imply greater nerve concentration on that side for some reason, though it could simply be due to the spine affecting the artist's control over the depth to which the needle was penetrating or how controled his movements were. Though unless he was a lefty I'd expect it to be the left side to suffer from that (the side where his hand would have to lean across the spine).:confused:

Strange indeed. But it was a huge relief when he was over the left side, compared to the pain shooting down my arms on the right side.

• Advertisement
Advertisement