Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Racism in AH, again

Options
  • 19-08-2008 6:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83,313 ✭✭✭✭

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055356669
    Rayven199 wrote: »
    Ridiculous idiots! Dont ye just know that if they did enforce the rules of the school then the parents would probably sue for discrimination - boys should be allowed to wear skirts if the girls are!

Some Americans are such idiots
    Rayven199 wrote: »
    Its a stupid country
    Americans ftLOSE!!!
    :confused: god.....

frikkin yanks....

I've reported and requested several of these offending, non-contributing posts to be removed over the last week, and all thats happened in return is mods that add to the problem:
    Terry wrote: »
    Yes. The whole world revolves around America.

I mean, yes I have no knowledge of whether these posters were infracted or not but why are these posts still up? I thought it was SOP to delete such non-contributive, hate-mongering posts?

It baffles me why this issue has to be re-addressed every 6 months. Its one thing to criticize, its another to just come in to say frikkin ****ing yanks! and then to get away with that :mad:

edit: and now im banned by terry, which im strongly objectionable to.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

For starters I don't think that Americans are a different race are they?(!) However, I would personally agree that if certain people like taxi drivers, travellers, bouncers etc aren't allowed to be "bashed" on AH then the same should apply to all walks of life. However, I am not 100% up to date with the rules of AH, whether or not they allow a certain amount of ribbing - I'm not sure exactly.

Because, bear in mind, it is Afterhours you're talking about - it's like American Cheese compared to Irish Cheddar, Afterhours is much like American Cheese: it's cheese, but it's not really cheese.

I've given Terry access for right to reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,313 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Ribbing as I understand it is fine, but a lot of the posts being made aren't approaching that at all. For great examples of ribbing though you can check out the Americanizms thread. I don't have issues with taking the piss or making a call on bad decisions, like gun laws and all that. But when you're just there to soap box your unfounded disdain for a nation of people: thats a problem.

look, if Terry doesnt want to reply, could you please move this over to feedback then.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

If you want but maybe he hasn't been online.

Last Activity: Yesterday 19:50
    fair enough. wouldnt have surprised me though. I've never seen him act as fast as when he banned me for telling him to **** off (and rightly so) though thats not to say i didn't delete the post within a few minutes: thats just how I feel about it even though it may not be acceptable to flip off a mod.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

I just happened to be reading that thread when I saw your post telling me to **** off or up or what whatever it was. That's why the ban happened so quickly.
    It was obvious you deleted it in the minute it took me to click on the ban button, but the post was htere for 6 or 7 minutes before you deleted it.
    Ban stays.

As for the America bashing, I suggest you lighten up a bit.
    Most of it is done in a light hearted manner and everyone gets bashed.

I don't see you sticking up for the French when they get bashed.

Well, not being French..

I accept the ban. But I'd like to see a little less tolerance for those random posts that are just there to say Idiot Yanks, and nothing else.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

That's not going to happen any time soon.

and why not. perhaps I'll start running around blasting stupid neutral drunken irish bastards. And catholic.

...well if theres no objection let the hatefest begin :rolleyes: I reserve the right to use this as evidence of diplomatic immunity

• Advertisement
Advertisement