Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Literature Databases

• 19-08-2008 6:29pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,550 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Has something happened PsycInfo and PsycArticles? I know they seem to have changed in terms of their interface or aesthetically but I'm just not getting the results for certain topics the same way I did a few months ago. This is annoying as even though I have some hard copies it's still handy to have PDFs on hand. I have some but not all of them.

I thought something might have been up with the college side of things but I checked with the duty librarian and walked him through the problems I'm having and he said he'd query it. Have the underpinnings of the respective databases changed?

I've put in terms that brought me 10-12 hits earlier in the year and now I mostly get 'No results were found', this can even happen with the full title of an article. Grr.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

I've not been actively using it for a while but I had noticed the aesthetic changes a few months ago. Have you tried / access to web of knowledge? it's reasonably useful also.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,550 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Ta. Not tried that one in a while, did look at Embase though.

I have print outs of search results from months ago and now those terms don't produce results on the Psych databases. The library guy got back to me anyway:
    Further to your inquiry regarding PsycARTICLES and PsycINFO.

I have checked with the relevant parties regarding these data-bases, and
    although there is a change in the web-format, I am assured that there has been no decrease in the amount of information accessible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

I like web of knowledge because it gives details of citing articles. Must give embase a look.

Advertisement