Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New Mercedes

Options
  • 19-08-2008 6:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭

First i've seen or heard about it. I wasn't a huge fan of the last one, didn't see a big market for it. The new one doesn't look too bad.
    mercedes_clc_2008_01_s.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Balfa

?

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭DJ Hafez

It's supposed to be the CLC I think

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

That website obviously does not allow its pictures to be linked :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

Its based on the previous generation of C Class which is no good thing IMO. Doubt it will do well pitted against the 1 Series Coupe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,322 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Peasant, the ones I linked work!

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

esel wrote: »
    Peasant, the ones I linked work!

Not for me anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,322 ✭✭✭✭Esel

ClioV6 wrote: »
    Not for me anyway?
    Yeah, just cleared my cache, and now all I get is the logo! Must have been because I navigated to them before pasting them.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Wait lol, does the picture not show up for ye?:o It's shows up for me.
    Try this,
    http://www.autogaleria.pl/tapety/index.php?page=3
    You will see it, fourth row down

• Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Nothing special about it to be honest. It is a reworked old model C Class Sport hatchback with the new C Class face grafted onto it.

Volvo C30 is a much better alternative to that imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

bazz26 wrote: »
    Nothing special about it to be honest. It is a reworked old model C Class Sport hatchback with the new C Class face grafted onto it.

+1

bazz26 wrote: »
    Volvo C30 is a much better alternative to that imo

Umm...well maybe a little better;)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

A better photo:

Mercedes_CLC.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭furtzy

It got a terrible review in this months What Car. They said the build quality was appaling especially the interior trim....slated it

My cousin had access to one a few years back - the bosses missus had one AFAIK.

He was always slagging her about it because it spent more time back at the dealer than on the road and it was a totally dead and stodgy to drive. It's right up there with the Hyundai Coupe and MINI as a girls car IMO...

furtzy wrote: »
    It got a terrible review in this months What Car. They said the build quality was appaling especially the interior trim....slated it

Sad to hear that - thought Merc were getting on top of their QC problems :(. Probably serves 'em right for trying to pimp an old model in new clothes though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭furtzy

pburns wrote: »
    Sad to hear that - thought Merc were getting on top of their QC problems :(. Probably serves 'em right for trying to pimp an old model in new clothes though.

They totally slated it especially focusing on the very bad interior trim and plastics. Also said it was a very dull drive as well. It is as you say a pimped up version of a very old car at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 6,311 ✭✭✭alias no.9

The original version of this yoke always reminded me of the facelifted Citroen Xsara coupe.

mercedes-benz-c-sport-coupe-2001017.jpgcitroen-xsara-coupe-2000-2005007.jpg

The Xsara is long gone and this abomonation should be off with it. The Mercedes brand is surely worth more than reheated leftovers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Balfa

It's ironic that they were nervous about introducing the 190E back in the day, as they knew if it was brilliantly made, it'd dilute their brand.

Now that's exactly what they're doing with these sorts of cars.

Advertisement