Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamestop (Henry street) still have a new Gamecube left in stock

Options
  • 19-08-2008 6:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭

i was in gamestop (henry Street) the other day, and i found a great bargain. they had two gamecube bundles left for the great amount of only 45 euro each. in the bundle, there was an official gamecube console and controller and donkey konga plus bongos. i snapped one up right there and then. i believe there is still one left if anyone is interested.

just thought i'd share that bit of info with you guys:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭xbox36016

ya in one og the gamestops in tipp thay still have a gamecube for 50 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

Well I bought a working preowned GCube in Game on Dawson St. the other day for uh...7 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

i always though the GC was never given a fair chance, and it was such a great machine for its time, the remake of resident evil on it was amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

magick wrote: »
    i always though the GC was never given a fair chance, and it was such a great machine for its time, the remake of resident evil on it was amazing
    Yep, twas a great console. Well worth the price if you don't have a Wii and for playing SSB Melee, Mario Kart, Luigi's Mansion and Zelda.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

If it's still there in two weeks, I'm gonna buy it. Keep all of ye're dirty paws off it :P
    Well I bought a working preowned GCube in Game on Dawson St. the other day for uh...7 euro.
    Are you actually serious? Which games came with it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

I wouldn't bother getting a Gamecube, just get a Wii second hand somewhere for cheap, and then you can play Wii games+Gamecube games.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,415 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

There's a few US only games on it though that aren't playable on the Wii and a lot of the later games are much easier to find in NTSC format. If you want all the best games for the system a cheap GC with freeloader might be better than a Wii.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Did you say Donkey Konga?

... must... resist!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

Metroid Prime, Viewtiful Joe, Tales of Symphonia, ETERNAL DARKNESS (must have).... all such great games. im gonna have a gamecube day sometime soon

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Did you say Donkey Konga?

... must... resist!!

Go on.......give in.......its a great fungame..............you know it in your heart to be true!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Awesome.... I'm buying that friday :)

Ross_Mahon wrote: »
    I wouldn't bother getting a Gamecube, just get a Wii second hand somewhere for cheap, and then you can play Wii games+Gamecube games.

It not about being able to play games, if it was you could just emulate, its about having the console :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

Kevster wrote: »
    If it's still there in two weeks, I'm gonna buy it. Keep all of ye're dirty paws off it :P

Are you actually serious? Which games came with it?

No game came with it but it came with a controller. I don't think they have any left though. They get them from their stores all over the country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

I have a Gamecube if anyone wants it. I'll give it away if someone collects it.

Its a black one with the power cable and scart cables if I can find it. I'm sure I can throw in some games although I'd charge for those because I have a Wii :D (well you can have Star Wars: The clone wars if your willing to take it).

I can give away the controller that came with it too and a game controller which is crap but at least you'll get to play someone with it, just give it to the other person. No memory stick included (no way your getting my precious saves :P).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭chamlis

Yeah I've been going through a Resident Evil revival lately. Just finished Resident Evil Director's Cut (Never did before), going to play res2 soon and then Nemisis. Point is, I never played or even saw the remakes in action. Would be sweeeet to pick them up and a cheap GC.

Oh yeah, Eternal Darkness FTW. Awesome game.

"Pargon, Pargon, CHATURGHAH!!!" :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Bolgey

does anyone know where to pick up a gamecube memory card in any shops (bricks and mortars) in dublin

just to tell any interested in the gamecube, i was in gamestop the other day and they still have the gamecube in stock, although, you have to purchase it in the dvd section:)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Bolgey wrote: »
    does anyone know where to pick up a gamecube memory card in any shops (bricks and mortars) in dublin

You should be able to get one in Game, but it would be marked as "GameCube on Wii".

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Are there many places left that sell the games? I still have a good few, but there are a couple I can think of that I'm missing.

Are there many places left that sell the games? I still have a good few, but there are a couple I can think of that I'm missing.

you can pick up a few in gamestop on henry street, but there very bad or are football games and game on dawson street have a healthy supply of resident evil 4 plus a good few more. and finally, game exchange on talbot street still stock them but i havent seen any great classics in there lately. your best bet would be to buy online. im still lookin for twin snakes myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

chamlis wrote: »
    "Pargon, Pargon, CHATURGHAH!!!" :D

Stop summoning demoAAARGHOHGODMYFACE!!!!!!

• Advertisement

Bolgey wrote: »
    you can pick up a few in gamestop on henry street, but there very bad or are football games and game on dawson street have a healthy supply of resident evil 4 plus a good few more. and finally, game exchange on talbot street still stock them but i havent seen any great classics in there lately. your best bet would be to buy online. im still lookin for twin snakes myself
    I'm so glad I got the GC and all the good games. Who would of known that they would of become so sought after.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

*ahem*... ...:o... ...Any more GameCubes lying around?

Dman001 wrote: »
    I'm so glad I got the GC and all the good games. Who would of known that they would of become so sought after.

I've pretty much everything good except Twin Snakes.

*strokes copy of Ikaruga*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

I got Twin Snakes, Chibi Robo, Ikaruga....

I'm such a hoarder. Working in game shops for years was dangerous! All my pay went straight back in.

Attol wrote: »
    I got Twin Snakes, Chibi Robo, Ikaruga....

I'm such a hoarder. Working in game shops for years was dangerous! All my pay went straight back in.
    Yep, have it too. The only game I didn't get was Mario Sunshine but after playing it, I realise I didn't miss much.

My copy of Mario Sunshine was stolen... I think that may actually have been a good thing. Whoever decided Fludd was a good idea deserves a slap.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

I love Mario Sunshine. You have to give it a chance. Definitely one of my faves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

My copy of Mario Sunshine was stolen... I think that may actually have been a good thing. Whoever decided Fludd was a good idea deserves a slap.

We're enemies now.
    I hope you're happy.

(but seriously, it's a good game)

Luigis Mansion wasn't a bad game. It was no Mario 64 but still worth getting.

• Advertisement

Dman001 wrote: »
    Luigis Mansion wasn't a bad game. It was no Mario 64 but still worth getting.

i dunno, i bought that game for five quid and i really wished i didnt, i just felt is was boring and a bit rushed, given another few months of development, it could have been something much better

Advertisement