Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Music Media and Performance Technology LM114

Options
  • 19-08-2008 7:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭

hey! im startin this course in sept and have sooo much questions about it!

-what do people think about the course? iv heard mixed comments!!

-what are the current students doing the course like? im asking this as i went to the open day and a load of nerdy giggly lads passed me their number..

-is their job oportunities? even abroad? at the open day the lecturer didnt know as the course was new!!

-what are the hours like?

i know it sounds like im clueless about the course- but i found out all i could about the modules etc and it sounded like a reli good course that id be very interested in..i was shocked by the points this year tho- went up by 30..crazy!!

thanks ;)xXx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

i do the sister course so take what i say for what its worth
    -what do people think about the course? iv heard mixed comments!!
    there are few seemingly 'pointless' modules you have to do in first year and by coincidence they tended to be the hard modules so that was most people complaints about the course. i personally dont like the head of mmpt but other people seem to
    -what are the current students doing the course like? im asking this as i went to the open day and a load of nerdy giggly lads passed me their number..

first of all you are going to have to be a nerd if you want to succede. i did sound engineering for 2 years and did a limited amount of work after int he field and its full of geeky nerdy people thats just the mind set you have to have to be able to soak up the amount of knowledge required. thats not to say they arent cool people and thats not to say they are all socially inept pubescent kids dealing with girls for the first time.

long way to say that there are nerdycool people in mmpt
    -is their job oportunities? even abroad? at the open day the lecturer didnt know as the course was new!!

no

no

and i dont know what lecturer you were talking to but its not rocket science to figure out that the music industry in ireland is a hobby and not a profession for 90% of people
    -what are the hours like?
    all in you wont have more than 22 more than likely 18

i dont know how they are marketing the course but i really hope the points havnt shot up because they are marketing as a one stop shop for getting into the music biz coz its just not going to happen for the vast vast majority of people

if its what you are really into you WILL enjoy the majority of the course themodules are interesting and somewhat challenging and you will like hanging around with like minded people even more

more importantly sticking out the course allows you to spend 4 years in one of the coolest places around ie ul

welcome dont be a stranger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 corbo

This post has been deleted.

ye i heard something similar

media programming could be even harder then imperative programming depending on what they decide to do but i would still much rather have gone threw a module like that than one like imperative

just saw the new course outline for dmd and it has media prgramming in first year and second year

Advertisement