Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NCAA Football on Digital??

• 19-08-2008 7:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭

Was just wondering do any of the sports channels that come with digital carry the big NCAA football games

Im guessing that NASN would be the best bet as they used to show some college games

However Im particulary interested in Notre Dame games (glutton for punishment I guess):o

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,394 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

DiscoHugh wrote: »
    Was just wondering do any of the sports channels that come with digital carry the big NCAA football games

Im guessing that NASN would be the best bet as they used to show some college games

However Im particulary interested in Notre Dame games (glutton for punishment I guess):o

Hi DiscoHugh, I'm a huge Notre Dame fan myself and unfortunately it is a struggle every year to see some of the games in Ireland. I have a subscription to NASN and that is great for seeing college ball - but not necessarily for seeing Notre Dame games. It works like this:

- Notre Dame are not affiliated to any of the conferences (they are listed as an Independent) and have managed to negotiate a longstanding deal with NBC for exclusive live coverage of all of their home games each year. As such, you would need to be in the States to see any of the games in South Bend on NBC;

- Because of their falling stock and the fact that they are unlikely to be in contention for a national title this year (or any year in the next five unfortunately :() NASN will be unlikely to show any of their away games also. The best bet is to go online every week to the NASN website and take a close look at their schedule as they usually show at least one game a year - but bear in mind that NASN have a hard on for the SEC, Big Ten and Mid Majors;

Look out for games NASN show on a Sunday morning aswell as they will sometimes show stuff that outside of what was covered live on a Saturday. And finally, check the NBC website regularly as they tend to throw a lot of the stations content online - so you may be able to get a stream of a game the week after.

It's going to be a tough season - but better than last year I think. Clausen should have better protection this year and will have the benefit of another year of practice and review. The team as a whole should be better prepared and a lot of the embarrassing incompetence from last year will hopefully be eradicated. We may even have a shot at winning 8 games - and not get blown out so badly in the games we lose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

NASN is the only place to watch NCAA... Last year i don't think they showed a whole lot of Notre Dame games (mainly because they are pretty much irrelevant now...) they focus more on SEC, Big 10 etc.

They do show the odd game against the bigger teams (Notre Dame - Navy was shown, as was the michigan game (i think...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 capecod08

Speaking of which, checking the NASN website it seems they might show the Mich St/Cal game over Bama/Clemson week one, don't know why though....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

capecod08 wrote: »
    Speaking of which, checking the NASN website it seems they might show the Mich St/Cal game over Bama/Clemson week one, don't know why though....

Viewer's choice that, isn't it? Think i've seen a few ads for that...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 capecod08

dulpit wrote: »
    Viewer's choice that, isn't it? Think i've seen a few ads for that...

Yup, Bama/Clemson should be a cracker ,not sure why the Cal game would be shown instead of it tbh.

• Advertisement
Advertisement