Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charging garmins with AC adapter

Options
  • 19-08-2008 7:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭

Recently bought a Garmin Nuvi 255W.

Found that having to charge it in the car was hassle and the cable hanging off the fascia looked ugly. I bought an AC adaptor so that I could charge it in the house, and just mount it in the cradle when I hop into the car.

I don't know is the AC adapter I bought faulty or whatever, but when I plug it in... it gives no indication of how far along it is in the charging process it is.

Literally, I plug it in and a messege pops up "Charging - slide the power key to turn on" appears for all of 3 seconds, then the screen goes blank. Is it still charging in this state? And if so, how long does it take to charge it to 100% from empty? (roughly)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,455 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

I have a Nuvi 250 and it doesn't give any indication of what state the battery is in when I have the USB cable plugged into my laptop with the Garmin at the other end so I just leave it for about 4 hours and then assume that it's fully charged.

Advertisement