Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards doing sean kelly tour

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭cantalach

blorg wrote: »
    2,008m ascent (garmin metres)

Hmm...my Garmin 305 is showing 2,520 m for the same course. Do you by any chance have "Use MB Gravity Elevation Correction" turned on when you go into activity details?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

cantalach wrote: »
    Hmm...my Garmin 305 is showing 2,520 m for the same course. Do you by any chance have "Use MB Gravity Elevation Correction" turned on when you go into activity details?
    The 2,008m was on the device itself (Edge 705) - I don't use MotionBased or the Garmin Training Centre. SportsTracks which I use shows only 1,330m, it is usually less than the device or Garmin Training Centre when I used that, due to the method of calculation. I also missed the Seskin Hill climb so I would expect that would add some to your total.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭cantalach

blorg wrote: »
    SportsTracks which I use...

Must check that out - thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Yes, sorry, it's SportTracks, free and a little more polished than Training Centre :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

I also use sports tracks and it's showing 1600m for me. I did Seskin twice so I think that would be along the same lines as Blorg.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Oh, forgot to mention Worldwide cycles. I had a blowout after climbing Seskin and Ray pulled up in his van, gave me a new tyre, changed the tube and fitted the tyre, pumped it up to full pressure, all for €35. Got a call from him today to organise payment and had a chat about the cycle. Really top notch and saw the two vans all day helping people out with punctures and other mechanical problems. Just another example of how fantastically well organised the entire day was.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭showry

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Oh, forgot to mention Worldwide cycles. I had a blowout after climbing Seskin and Ray pulled up in his van, gave me a new tyre, changed the tube and fitted the tyre, pumped it up to full pressure, all for €35. Got a call from him today to organise payment and had a chat about the cycle. Really top notch and saw the two vans all day helping people out with punctures and other mechanical problems. Just another example of how fantastically well organised the entire day was.

+1 for worldwide cycles.

I broke a spoke coming down Powers the Pot, met one of them in Rathgormac, he removed the broken spoke, checked the wheel out for me, told me I'd be fine and sent me on my way before dealing with the next person. Cheery about it too.
    They've a nice article on their blog here

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

I keep telling people. There isn't another shop out there who can touch worldwide, its just a shame they are in Clonmel. If they were in Dublin they'd have to beat the customers away from their door with a brush so they could just get into work. As it is they are a bit of a trot for me, but I do make the pilgrimage every now and then when I have a few bits I need to get. As it is, they do well anyway, lots of cyclists down those parts, and they have an online shop too, so its all good, but its really the service and level of knowledge that you get when you go in there that blows me away. But then again thats what you'd expect the lads were both internationals, have had success in the RAS and even the National Champs (Ray was National RR champ once).

Oh yeah, Barrys blog is fairly legendary too, check out this one......

http://worldwidecyclesblog.com/2008/07/05/life-one-pedal-stroke-at-a-time/

Advertisement