Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cao help

Options
  • 19-08-2008 8:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭

I accepted the offer i got from cao,but im having second thoughts on doing the course, can i cancel this offer? and what are the consequences of doing so?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭insinkerator

Im pretty sure you can cancel the course but i would strongly advise you to sit down and weigh up your options totally. Becase the CAO arent standby and wathch while you chop and change at this late stage, you have had since february to do that. What course out of interest?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 861 ✭✭✭KeyLimePie

if it's your first choice you're stuck with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭tomcollins97

Hi Paul,

Have you checked on the website? As far as I know once you accept you will still get 2nd offers...not too sure though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭paul150

thanks for replies, what i want to do is cancel the acceptance of the offer, repeat the leaving cert and reapply to cao next year. Will i have to pay tuition fees because i have changed courses or will it not matter seeing as i havent started the course yet. thanks for any help

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

Hi Paul,

Have you checked on the website? As far as I know once you accept you will still get 2nd offers...not too sure though

yes this is true. of course you will only be offered a course higher on your cao form.

have a look at the vacant courses now on www.cao.ie

might be something there you like :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭insinkerator

No you can avoid tuition fees even if you start the cours and drop out like a few months later. Then you still get "free" education for next year, however next year you will be doing the Leaving Cert so i dont know if you will still qualify for free fees. You technically should, but there is probably some stupid rule. I suggest ringing the CAO tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

paul150 wrote: »
    thanks for replies, what i want to do is cancel the acceptance of the offer, repeat the leaving cert and reapply to cao next year. Will i have to pay tuition fees because i have changed courses or will it not matter seeing as i havent started the course yet. thanks for any help

i'd say ring the college you got the offer from and cancel that way. you won't be charged any fees. they will just give your place to someone who is waiting for it in round 2. once you accept CAO are out of the loop.

Advertisement