Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warhammer Online: FAQ

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,188 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Its Kiith...double ii dagnammit!

Anyway, no its not my pc, they are taken from a forums somwhere...i'll see if i can find the link in a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Kiith wrote: »
    Its Kiith...double ii dagnammit!

Anyway, no its not my pc, they are taken from a forums somwhere...i'll see if i can find the link in a bit.

Opps my bad! apologies! I hope the game looks that good for me

Roll on September!

I've a question :)

Someone hinted on the Waralliance forum that all melee classes "might" be getting some sort of ability for when they are outside keeps attacking.

While all the ranged DPS have an actual function, the Melee DPS usually just build siege weapons and/or attack groups coming in/out of the keep.

Anyway has anyone here attacked a keep yet? Do melee classes have something to do apart from attacking the keep door?

Whats Keep warfare actually like?
    Thanks

EDIT Found this;
    And the answer is...
    Bypass Defenses - Bypass Defenses
    You bolster yourself for 30 seconds, allowing you to bypass the defenses of an enemy keep's postern door, porting you inside.

There is also Faultfinder
    Increases melee damage done to keep doors by 10% for 30 seconds

I think i'm going to pick a ranged dps for this reason alone, especially if i can get a nice knockback. I really look forward to knocking people off the walls.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Whats the character customisation like in beta in the creator?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

It's not bad, it's closer to WoW than AoC though so I wouldnt be expecting too much.

But there are enough features to have immediately obvious differences between same career types.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭KoKane

Yeah its ok atm.

A nice feature though (not certain if its gonna be in?) is that as your character progresses in levels and story, it will physically show.

The Magus' disc does this anyhow.
    Basic roundy yoke at low levels and now at 31+ its got mad spikey bits and is much more evil looking.

Unfortunatly, they took out the physical growth on characters. Dwarfs beards were supposed to grow, Chaos got more chaosy, Orcs got physically bigger etc...

You do have items that change the way your armour looks though, and you can also put the skulls of your enemies on your shoulders :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Kiith wrote: »
    Unfortunatly, they took out the physical growth on characters. Dwarfs beards were supposed to grow, Chaos got more chaosy, Orcs got physically bigger etc...

You do have items that change the way your armour looks though, and you can also put the skulls of your enemies on your shoulders :)
    Well they said that the physical growth won't be in it on release, but so far I don't think they ruled it out coming in at a later date.

I cant remember, is it HMV or Gamestop that are doing the pre-order bonus pack thingy here.

I pre ordered in HMV here ages ago but no pre order pack and Gamestop didnt even know what game I was on about at the time.

Wonder if its too late to pre-order and get an open beta key (for a friend)?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,339 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

KoKane wrote: »
    I cant remember, is it HMV or Gamestop that are doing the pre-order bonus pack thingy here.

I pre ordered in HMV here ages ago but no pre order pack and Gamestop didnt even know what game I was on about at the time.

Wonder if its too late to pre-order and get an open beta key (for a friend)?

Officially it's Gamestop in Ireland, and HMV for the bricks and mortar stores in the UK, but HMV are selling them here as well anyway.

Guess I'll go down tomorow or something and say I never got the pre order pack

Yeah I ordered mine from HMV, they took my name though and gave me a CD Case with the beta key inside. Cost me €16.

Its just if you say you never got the pre order pack they might just look your name up on the computer. You might be better off just forking out the 16 euro...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭hairyheretic

There might still be a preorder pack or two at Gamestop here in Dun Laoghaire. If anyone still wants one, I can check at lunch.

Edit - Ok, there are still 2 of the CE preorder packs that I could see. There might be more. If you're after one, I'd suggest giving them a ring.

Yeah I ordered mine from HMV, they took my name though and gave me a CD Case with the beta key inside. Cost me €16.

Its just if you say you never got the pre order pack they might just look your name up on the computer. You might be better off just forking out the 16 euro...

Well I didnt pay anything and they didnt know of any pre order pack at the time. Guess I'll get down there.

If you cant get into town KoKane, let me know and I can pick one up for you.

Ill be going down Grafton St tomorrow at lunchtime

Oh I live in Drogheda btw
    Thanks all the same though lol

KoKane wrote: »
    Oh I live in Drogheda btw
    Thanks all the same though lol

Ahh right! No worries, hope you got a copy!

Paypal the cash, email the codes :)

It's doable.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Hi folks,im looking to pre ordering this tomorrow in gamestop.
    What do i get on pre order?
    Is it a beta key and if so can i get to play the game now or is it too late?

• Advertisement

If i remember right, you get the open beta access (7th of Sept i think), as well as some ingame items and the headstart thingy.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,339 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Dcully wrote: »

The CE gets you open beta access, the SE, which they start selling from the 28th, doesn't unless it comes from certain resellers, the names of which aren't announced yet. Be careful which one they provide.

CE also gets you some extra ingame quests, and an exclusive set of heads.

The preorder pack gives you 3 codes.
    1 is for open beta access
    1 is for headstart
    1 is for ingame goodies (heads and an item I think)

If you go on and buy the collectors edition, you get a miniature, books, mousemat and probably other stuff I'm forgetting about.

Thanks guys,man this game looks the business.
    Ive been checking out this guys videos http://uk.youtube.com/user/br3ntbr0
    Loving the goblin shaman :)

One question,if i get the collectors edition can i download the game and play beta now?
    If so dare i ask how big the download is?

From what I'm told the download is about 9 gigs in size. Hopefully on Thursday we're going to get details of when and where we in Europe can download the game. With the open beta key from the preorder box, you'll be able to play then.

The download is the full game, though in your account management you'll need to enter the open beta and headstart codes to play in each phase of the game. The headstart should also cover you for a few days after the game goes fully live, til you can you get the proper game code from your collectors or standard edition.

Some pre ordered standard editions will also give beta codes (not sure which yet), but not the headstart codes.

Assuming I've understood all the forum chatter properly that is :)

Nice one mate cheers.
    Seems very like what happened with AOC on release.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

Nice one mate cheers.
    Seems very like what happened with AOC on release.

Let's hope the similarities end there.... :D

Just incase some of you thought the bonus heads were ones for ramming onto spikes upon your armour, like I thought:
    Now you can stand out in a crowd with a look unlike anyone else's! The WAR Collector's Edition includes twelve (12) bonus heads for additional character customization options. Each race gets a truly distinctive look (with male and female versions) that is sure to turn heads on the battlefields and be the envy of everyone in the army.

I dunno about you but I would deffo stop fighting to turn and gaze upon a unique face :p

I'm seriously considering the Goblin Shaman after seeing some of those video's. Looks brilliant.

• Advertisement

Likewise Kiith,looks like a hell of a lot of fun :)

Advertisement